Automotive intercooler fan wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTGriz87

Joined Jul 23, 2011
Hello folks,
I'm wanting to add a fan to my intercooler on my car, but I don't want it to be on constantly.

Ideally, it would be somehow wired into the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor and only come on when temps go above a certain point like 95 degrees. Then there would be an override switch inside the car that would normally be on that I could turn the fan off at my discretion.

The problem is that I am not sure how to do the IATemperature-dependent switching. I'm assuming it is a 0-5V sensor and temps correspond to voltages, though I don't know what that correlation is. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

MTGriz87

Joined Jul 23, 2011
Yes, I could nick the IAT wire and get the voltage reading while seeing what my SCT OBD scanner says for temperature at the same time... get a few readings at different temps/voltages and map out a correlation

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Sorry, discussions on automotive modifications topics are no longer permitted on these Forums, as per the Terms of Service.

Excerpt:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:
  • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus