automatic washing machine motor

guruji

Joined Nov 11, 2005
Hi guys I have a double speed washing machine motor.I would like to know the wirings of it.
It has a connector of ten.
Colours from left to right are:two brown;black and under no wire;
red and under blue;yellow and under green;two yellow thin wires.
Anyone knows what are these wires and which are for the capacitor and which capacitor suitable?
Any help please?
Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I think every manufacturer can choose the color codes used internally to the appliance.

My experience with washing machines is that there is normally a wiring diagram included. Have you opened all the inspection panels? There is usually one visible. Sometimes it is in a plastic bag glued to the inside of a panel.

Lacking that, go to the manufacturer's web site and search on the model number. They shoud have information like the wiring diagram posted.

guruji

Joined Nov 11, 2005
HI beenthere thanks for response.The thing I cannot find the manufacturer.It's name is in german Favorit Okojet 800.
If you know there website please let me know.
Thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Nothing comes up in a web search. You will have to follow the wiring to the various motors and solenoids. No idea at all about the capacitor.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
does it have 'pin' connections ? If so, remove the cover next to them and see if it has a centrifugal switch that's under it. Two of the connections go to that switch which are wired in series with the start windings. I worked on a polisher (with washing machine motor/gearbox) about 3 months ago and found most of the info for the motor on an appliance repair site. You'll have to meter out the winding pairs. what I did was apply 120v to one pair, when it just hummed and didn't move, I assumed them to be the run winding.Applying 120v to the second pair caused it to start right away, which I put in series with the centrifugal switch and parallel with the other (first) windings. They have used it nearly every day and are happy with it.
edit: the gearbox on this one was two speed,maybe this info will get you started.

Last edited:

guruji

Joined Nov 11, 2005
Hi gerty thanks for your response the thing is that I want to fix it on another top loader machine.This motor was of a side loader washing machine.
This top loader had a motor with only six pin connector and this motor has ten pin connector.
If you have any idea please let me know.
Thanks

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
now a days you'll be surprized what pops up when you google
serial number-model-number or part numbers.Worth a try.
Put serial number of 37 inch t.v. in google,all the info poped up.Try
part numbers too.