Automatic rise up tension

silvajq

Joined Apr 14, 2010
Hi everybody,

I’m working on one simple circuit, the objective is to control on AC tension of 12v trough a potentiometer and apply on load at the exit of the circuit, and control the current depend on the load that we put on the exit. (you can see on the attach circuit).

Now I’m control the tension trough the potentiometer, but I would like to have the control in the automatic way (rise up ramp). For example when I push one button the tension goes from 0 to 12v.
It’s possible to do it, or there are any IC that make this?

Thank you for your help!

Silva

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The problem is you want to regulate an AC voltage.
You could use a variable transformer (VARIAC) before the 12 volts source.

Greetings,
Bertus

silvajq

Joined Apr 14, 2010
Hello,

The problem is you want to regulate an AC voltage.
You could use a variable transformer (VARIAC) before the 12 volts source.

Greetings,
Bertus
Ok, but i want to do it in automatic way, i don't want to make the variation by hand :)

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
Hi,

This is not designed for AC voltage,
however this is a quick circuit concept of how to raise or lower the voltage output across a load, using 2 buttons.

I built it and put a analog volt meter across the 10K resistor, and I was able to get excellent lineararity in increasing and decreasing the voltage, by tapping a button the meter had nice slow movement, where I could vary the voltage in steps of 1/2 volts at a time both up and down, or hold the button down and get continuous linear meter movements.

This is only working for DC volts, but the concept is there to get something started in your design direction.

RVolt.jpg