automatic polarity switch

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
hi if ken is out there maybe have some time to help if not maybe someone could help me i am having problems with the circuit that ken developt for me please go back and scan over the subject under reverse polarity and my name synaps
i am haveing problems with the motor blowing fuses in my walwart when the timer kicks off not when the limit switch is pressed it will continue when limit swith is press then released only when the timer kicks off if the switch kicks off then released it comes back on in the same direction if the timer stays on it does not change direction when limit is activated then released i belive it is supposed to change direction when the lever switch is pressed then released maybe someone could help i wired it exactly as the drawing never changed a thing.

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Sorry. Very little time lately. :(

Here's the link http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=21763

Anyone want to look at my schematics and drawings and see if there is a problem?

A couple of assumptions on my part: The limit switch terminals and relay terminals you are using are in the same physical configuration that I drew.

If the motor runs on the wall wart OK, but the fuse blows when the relay switches, I suspect a mis-wiring.

Ken

Last edited:

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
they are exactly what you gave me a drawing of i got them at radio shack 2 micro switches the fuse does not blow until the timer kicks off not the limit switch when the limit switches are activated the motor stops then if timer is still on then after timer kicks back on is when the fuse blows what i was saying about the limit switch is that when it is triggerd the motor turns off but if it is released motor turns back on in the same direction thank you

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I just looked at the only 120VAC DPDT relay that is listed at Radio Shack...275-217.

Their terminals are not arranged the same as in my sketch. :(

My relay terminals:
NC NC
C C
NO NO
COIL COIL

Their relay terminals:
NC NC
NO NO
C C
COIL COIL

My terminal labels (C/NO/NC) are correct, but the physical arrangement is different. Just rearrange the wire connections according to the labels.

Ken

synaps

Joined Mar 26, 2009
that fixed it ken thanks for your help if there is anything i can do for you just let me know and i will try to do it thanks again for your help and education

samuel