automatic mouse click and character recognition

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Hi !

What programming language (that works on windows 7 or XP) would I have to learn that can create a program that can:

- recognize a certain symbol/character/number on the screen at a certain position
- take an appropriate action like clicking on a certain position on the screen, once or several times

In short: a robot that can recognize characters and click on buttons automatically. There are some auto mouse clickers but they are too simplistic.
What would be my best option: Visual Basic, Visual C or any other?

Thanks guys

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
" recognize a certain symbol/character/number on the screen at a certain position" ???

Do you mean via optical character recognition? That's very complicated, and not a beginner project in any language. If there's some kind of software running that draws the characters, much better to make that program tell you what it's putting where.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
" recognize a certain symbol/character/number on the screen at a certain position" ???

Do you mean via optical character recognition? That's very complicated, and not a beginner project in any language. If there's some kind of software running that draws the characters, much better to make that program tell you what it's putting where.

Ok, let's say I have a software that was done long time ago. No access to the source code. No contact to the programmer.

If we take an example, it could also just recognize if there was a change in one or more small fields the size of a character (not recognizing the character). AND it needs to click automatically on certain positions on the screen. But this seems to be the easier part. So VB is a viable option?

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Ok, let's say I have a software that was done long time ago. No access to the source code. No contact to the programmer.

If we take an example, it could also just recognize if there was a change in one or more small fields the size of a character (not recognizing the character). AND it needs to click automatically on certain positions on the screen. But this seems to be the easier part. So VB is a viable option?
I have used VB before for this kind of stuff, I had to interface to another application that was written by someone else, there is a way to use windows API's to interface to other apps in the way you want to do it. You can use a "class spy" to determine which control has the focus or to determine the text in a text box on a form.... see this for an example >> http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=1424&lngWId=1

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I have used VB before for this kind of stuff, I had to interface to another application that was written by someone else, there is a way to use windows API's to interface to other apps in the way you want to do it. You can use a "class spy" to determine which control has the focus or to determine the text in a text box on a form.... see this for an example >> http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=1424&lngWId=1
Out of curiosity, this wouldn't work for Java Or Flash applications, would it?

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
Have a look at the Microsoft accessibility framework, it allows you to access the underlying windows objects and read their values. You would probably have to program it in C++ though