Automatic load sharing of a transformer system with protective analysis

ssembo

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Hello friends,

i am working on a project stated in subject. In this project, a slave transformer is supposed to share the load of a master transformer over load and over temperature. A sensor circuit must be designed to log data from the master transformer and if it is found to be in the over load condition immmediately the slave transformer will be connected in parallel to the master and the load will be shared.

I read some where that an operational amplifier can be used to compare the load of the transformer with a standard load capacity and an NPN transistor can be used to drive a relay. That the project uses a regulated 5V, 750mA power supply, a three terminal voltage regulator for regulation and a bridge type full wave rectifier is used to rectify the ac output of secondary 240/12V step down transformer.

i would like also to add on the issue of the slave transformer coming in and disconnecting the master when a fault occurs on the master transformer.

Any one able to provide me with the neccessary infomation and the required circuit will highly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ssembo.

ssembo

Joined Dec 13, 2010
Ssembo, which part of the design did you want to do yourself ;-)

Ciao, Tim
i can make the part that compares the load, power suply needed and rectification. am wondering how i can incooperate the relay and also the switching incase of fault.

Thank you man for responding.