Automated plastic bag cutter/sealer ( need some help)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
So since the machine is positioned vertically , i thought about moving the NICHROM wire horizontally through the pulled down plastic ,
Do you mean move the Nichrome wire wire in perpendicular to the plastic, as it is done in the typical bag sealers?
That is the way I see it, and the way it is done in a typical commercial bag filler and sealer.
You need some way of drawing the plastic off of the roll, over the cutting bar, stop for cut, bring down the nichrome wire, cut, return the wire head, remove the cut bag.
Or a close version of this procedure I would think.
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
I just want to make sure of one thing ; So the nichrome wire is only for sealing and not cutting too ??

I thought i could use it for both ?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
My bag sealer works as Max describes. I simply clamp down on the bag. The nichrome wire seals and cuts the bag at the same time.

I use milk bags that are rinsed out. Great for storing electronic components.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
My bag sealer works as Max describes. I simply clamp down on the bag. The nichrome wire seals and cuts the bag at the same time.

I use milk bags that are rinsed out. Great for storing electronic components.
Hi Mr chips .

The way am working is attaching the two sides of the wire to a moving mechanism , so the cutting and sealing could be done when the wire (that is in paralell with the plastic ) passes all the way through the plastic like in the picture attached bellow and then the finished plastic bag should fall nicely leaving the role for the next bag.

Am not using a manufactured cutting and sealing system its just my own tool that will do that .

Do you think this will work ?

Attachments

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
(that is in paralell with the plastic ) passes all the way through the plastic like in the picture attached bellow and then the finished plastic bag should fall nicely leaving the role for the next bag.
That is pretty much what I had in mind, but the 'should fall nicely' may be one key issue, in the eventuality the cut bag happens to stay in place due to its negligible weight, you may have to plan on some means of making sure it drops off the cutter?
Max.

LETITROLL

Joined Oct 9, 2013
That is pretty much what I had in mind, but the 'should fall nicely' may be one key issue, in the eventuality the cut bag happens to stay in place due to its negligible weight, you may have to plan on some means of making sure it drops off the cutter?
Max.
Yes for that i think the wire should move through and move back again to ensure a good cut .

I will do the tests .