1. We will be in Read Only mode (no new threads, replies, registration) starting at 9:00 EDT for a number of hours as we migrate the forums to upgraded software.

Auto Water Setup

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by binsky734, Dec 26, 2012.

1. binsky734

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    So I am fairly new to circuitry. I can solder all day long, but I moved from a degree in Electronics Technology to Computer Information Systems.

I am trying to set up a system to water my pomegranate seedlings (which don't exist yet) when I am not away. I want a system to mist my seedlings with water every 30 minutes.

Along with this circuit I would love to have a light sensing circuit to kick on when ever the light dropped below a certain point. I know I can find such circuits at a home improvement store, but I wan't something I can fine tune.

The watering system is a must, the light sensor is just icing on the cake. I really appreciate and help you can provide!

Thank You,
    David

2. binsky734

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    I would like to note that this setup is not for any illicit use. It's to help grow my seedlings at my family farm while I am away at school.

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Do you want the watering to have fixed timings?
    Should there be a soil humidity be measured?

As for the lightning:
    You can have a lightning system that can be dimmed by the light from outside using PWM.

Bertus