"Authorized Service Center"

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
@debe...
I ........really..............have...........no.........idea.................on what just u said., but since u are wondering, I am 35.

What I am referring is tht if it is an authorized service center, then your item should get repaired NO MATTER WHAT.

Do you Agree?
Agreed, though it may cost more than buying a new unit, an Authorized Service Center should either have parts or boards on hand, or be able to order them overnight from the company stockroom.

At least a few weeks of training on "known issues" with the product line, complete manuals and schematics for their use (not for general sale, way too much to stock), and updates to the product line including new known issues.

Some sort of basic competence test, similar to HP Certification, and unlike computer "A+ Certified", as that is a "memorize and dump" test with no practical part. Cisco tests for CCIE/CCNE/etc are another great example of a test that mimics in the field issues.

If those aren't met, then the "Authorized Service Center" is just a way to jack up the price while you pay for their mistakes.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Agreed, though it may cost more than buying a new unit, an Authorized Service Center should either have parts or boards on hand, or be able to order them overnight from the company stockroom.

At least a few weeks of training on "known issues" with the product line, complete manuals and schematics for their use (not for general sale, way too much to stock), and updates to the product line including new known issues.

Some sort of basic competence test, similar to HP Certification, and unlike computer "A+ Certified", as that is a "memorize and dump" test with no practical part. Cisco tests for CCIE/CCNE/etc are another great example of a test that mimics in the field issues.

If those aren't met, then the "Authorized Service Center" is just a way to jack up the price while you pay for their mistakes.
Exactly what I was thinking...
U know, during my 10 days at the STO repair center, which are authorized for Philips & Hitachi, I learned a lot on how well the company actually satisfies the customer. Philips and Hitachi have given access to their FTP. all you have to do is log in with a pass and Viola....everything is available...
Schematic's , software's, firmwares and even tech help..

The price tag should not be hefty cause the way I see it is the customer is buying a product believing that the seller has a given a warranty.
Problem is even then the items are discarded sometimes.
Every now and then a customer who can communicate via email would come with his item and if it did not get fixed for what ever reason, he would get pissed off, cause he have to wait for months for an answer and still nothing. Then the customer would email that respective company. And most of the time the company replies to the seller knowing where and when that particular item is sold and the owner has the right to a limited warranty or extended warranty. The company immediately sends a brand new item informing the seller to compensate for the customers loss.

IMHO this is wrong....the item should be repaired and handed over.
The techs there sometimes charges the customer over the roof knowing that he has no other option. This is wrong..way wrong.

It is a shame if any service centers says that they cannot fix the item that they are selling

tyblu

Joined Nov 29, 2010
To me, it means they have a contract with that company saying they can take money to do warranty work.
<edit> Blast, didn't see the next 2 pages of replies.
<edit2> Nevermind, nothing was really said! ;)

debe

Joined Sep 21, 2010
@debe...
I ........really..............have...........no.........idea.................on what just u said., but since u are wondering, I am 35.

What I am referring is tht if it is an authorized service center, then your item should get repaired NO MATTER WHAT.

Do you Agree?
Yes I do agree, but sadly it doesnt seem to these days. Daryl

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
But that is never, ever the case here....

side note
Daryl, why don't you edit your signature. It will be more feasible and ummm...good.
add your name under user cp/edit signature...thingy ....like mine