Audio transformer help needed

Thread Starter


Joined Apr 19, 2009
Have a TV set with 'Hot" circuit board (no powerline isolation). it has a 14 ohm internal speaker. I want to add a jack to use earphones. I will need an audio isolation transformer to isolate the earphones from the Line voltage. What should the transformer specs be? 1 to 1 ratio? I tried a 1000ohm to 8 ohm, it cut the speaker vol by 75%. . I was planning to use the same transformer to drive the speaker or the head phones using the headphone jack to switch.. Any suggestions welcome.
Regards, Willson


Joined Nov 29, 2005
If you cannot find a 16:16 ohm transformer, use another like the one you installed :
TV audio to ---> 8 : 1000 and the second reversed 1000 : 8 to ---> earphone jack.