Audio Switch help

liquidair

Joined Oct 1, 2009
I've done similar switching with a CD4017 chip. The MOM switch triggers the clock input with a positive pulse and the outputs go high from Q0 to Q9 in order. I assume you want it set so that if you are on LED 4 and hit the switch it will go back to 1, in which case you simply tie Q4 (output number 5) to the reset pin.

I've only used this chip like this with DC control voltages for audio switching circuitry, which works well. What kind of signals are you trying to switch, guitar, preamp, tube amp?

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If you use the 4017 with the 4066 you would need to power them from the plus and minus voltages(+ to Vdd, - to Vss), not just the plus voltage to common. That way the AC audio signals that go plus and minus with respect to common can be properly transmitted by the 4066. In that configuration the logic signal levels will go from the plus to the minus voltage.

autotuner

Joined Oct 2, 2012
Yup, something like that, and crutschow is quite correct about the offset pos and neg supply, but you already have that dual rail !

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Yup, something like that, and crutschow is quite correct about the offset pos and neg supply, but you already have that dual rail !
The schematic shows the ground as common. All the ground points need to be at the minus voltage rail instead, Edit: and with an increase of the LED resistor values.

GuitarGuru76

Joined Oct 30, 2012
Thanks guys. It has been a long time for me with schematics. getting back into it after 25 years. feel free to edit what I have. I look forward to the input.