Audio Question

Craig76z

Joined Oct 16, 2009
I have a project that I am working on that requires 6 sources to use 1 speaker. It is a small setup so a mixer is out of the question. any help is appreciated.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
You mean six sources on the same speaker at the same time?

If yes, then you will need a mixer.

If they are on individual times then use a multipole rotary switch to choose each source when needed.

Craig76z

Joined Oct 16, 2009
Basically you push a button and hear a prerecorded message. The 6 devices have seperate speakers but I would like to use 1 speaker in a central location on the project. While they should'nt all be playing at once, someone may hit more that one button at a time. Can they be wired to use the same speaker?

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
Basically you push a button and hear a prerecorded message. The 6 devices have seperate speakers but I would like to use 1 speaker in a central location on the project. While they should'nt all be playing at once, someone may hit more that one button at a time. Can they be wired to use the same speaker?
You can if you make sure than when one button is pushed no other sound will be activated if another button is pushed. You can do it by using logic gates.