audio pop

jimmyho08

Joined Oct 7, 2013
I am working on a project dealing with bluetooth audio.

The audio signal is good, however, when the bluetooth module senses that the music is paused, the bluetooth module will go into a standby mode. When this happens, there is a pop that happens. The pop also happens when you press play again, and the bluetooth module wakes up.

Is there a way to filter this spike? or I was trying to figure out a way to have a delay (if music has been playing for about 2 seconds, then allow the audio to play otherwise don't) before audio is passed through.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My initial solution was to put an inductor at the output after my op amp which the audio from the bluetooth module is being amplified.

richard.cs

Joined Mar 3, 2012
Most (all?) bluetooth modules have a status output that indicates when they're playing. I have used this one: http://s4.electrodragon.com/wp-cont...oth-Stereo-Audio-Module-for-Music-Speaker.jpg which has a small pre-amp and a voltage regulator on the other side of the green PCB. The status output is not brought out on the end pins but comes off of the blue board.

For my purposes I put an asymetric delay on that line and used it to drive a relay that inserted that module into the audio path. You could use it to drive a muting circuit, or if you're using the version with the preamp on board you could tap into the mute line for that. :)