Audio Jammer theory, application & circuit design help

hwde

Joined Dec 4, 2007
Hi, I want to do an audio jammer as my final year project. Its objective is to prevent outsider record private conversation in the meeting. But, I dont know how to evaluate it through the experiment. How to jam a recording device using waveform generator. what is the setting of frequency , power , etc need to be set?

Thanks for help.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi, I want to do an audio jammer as my final year project. Its objective is to prevent outsider record private conversation in the meeting. But, I dont know how to evaluate it through the experiment. How to jam a recording device using waveform generator. what is the setting of frequency , power , etc need to be set?

Thanks for help.
I'm not sure I understand the relevant theory behind the concept. In the RF world jamming is accomplished by creating a signal of sufficient power close enough to the receivers to overload their frontends and prevent signals from a transmitter farther away from being received.

The old Soviet Union had muti-megawatt jobs to block the VOA. I suppose that a boom box and some large speakers might do the trick unfortuneately as in RF jamming no useful communication could happen over short distances.

I'm with Bill on this one, you need to find a new project.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
He didn't say but maybe he wants to jam a radio transmitter that somebody installed in the meeting room.
There are so many frequencies from DC to green light that it would be impossible to jam them all.
Think about the interference it would cause to radios, TVs and communication devices.
It would be extremely illegal.

What about when somebody outside the room shines a laser beam on a glass window and picks up the reflected vibrations? How would you jam it? With many barking large dogs?

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Or South Park and their worldwide brown note!

What's wrong with the old method of cranking the music right up and whispering direct into someones ear?

Have you seen those new ultrasonic directional speakers? Sorry I don't have a link but they use a very narrow ultrasonic beam and AM modulate it with audio. You can hear the audio if you are in the beam, and then step 1 foot to the side and complete silence. There's talk now of installing them in the united nations meeting halls etc so each member gets his own translation without needing the little headset.