audio controlled led chaser

animee

Joined Feb 23, 2014
i found this schematic for an audio controlled led chaser. can you please tell me if it's correct or not because i made it and it isn't working as of yet. please help!!

Attachments

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Hi,
If you disconnect pin #5 of the 555, you should have a free running Astable, around 10Hz, the 4017 should count and drive the LED's in sequence... try that and let us know what you see.?
E

animee

Joined Feb 23, 2014
the circuit isn't working. i have checked every component and every connection according to the circuit and it doesn't even power up.:mad: only way i can get the leds light up is by hooking them up directly to the power source and interestingly they are running in sequence which i can control the speed of with the 47k pot.:confused: i unhooked #5 of the 555 and it didn't make a difference. the circuit is still dead. any modifications needed? please help.:)

animee

Joined Feb 23, 2014
@bountyhunter
would you be so kind to provide me with a working schematic with 3914 that can be controlled by audio input through a mic? any help is appreciated!! :)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The 3914 would replace the 555/4017. The 3914 data sheet shows how to hook it up. You would take the signal off the peak detector which is to the right end of the 1N4007..

I honestly don't see how your circuit can work. The 741 op amp has it's inputs referenced to ground but it has no negative supply so the inputs are out of the common mode range. I doubt it can work as drawn.

animee

Joined Feb 23, 2014
@bountyhunter
i am a novice at this stuff. would you provide me with a schematic? even a hand drawn one would work!! :)
thank you!!