audio amplifier

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Look at all PNP audio power amplifier.
And we don't use workbench here. Post your diagram in PNG or JPG.
"And we don't use workbench here" What do you mean by that? Every member in this forum is free to use the tool he/she prefer. I use Altium Designer.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Your extremely simple circuit is missing a speaker. So it has no power supply and has no load. Connect an 8 ohm speaker in parallel with the oscilloscope and see what happens.
The speaker and the second transistor will get hot.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

An osciloscope has most times an input resistance of 1 M or higher.
You are testing the circuit with this resistance.
Try a resistor of 1K accross the inputs of the scope and see what happens.

Bertus

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hello,

An osciloscope has most times an input resistance of 1 M or higher.
You are testing the circuit with this resistance.
Try a resistor of 1K accross the inputs of the scope and see what happens.

Bertus
I think then OP say a scope he/she is refering to a virtual scope in the software;)
Edit: I also think the OP should apply some voltage to the transistor base bias network. Something is wrong with the schematics

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
According to your schematic.

Your osciloscope is being used as a series resistance from the positive battery terminal. So you have no positive supply to the circuit itself.

The osciloscope needs to be connected to ground and one terminal to the collector of the transistor stage,

You need to put a collector resistor in the collector loop, or you will not develop a voltage at the output with no collector resistor.

Essentialy what your reading is the signal itself coming through the top resistor from the signal generator. Bypassing the trasnsistors all together.

Here is how to hook up the oscilloscope for input and output readings with respect to a common signal ground.

With no load.

osc.jpg

Last edited:

salmanshaheen_88

Joined Mar 5, 2009
thank you soo much Hobbyist now the only problem left is that my signal at channel B is not amplifying, I mean its amplitude is same as the signal at channel A, how I should increase the amplitude of the output signal???

hobbyist

Joined Aug 10, 2008
Here is your circuit, with the same values you used, note the 10 ohm collector resistor, and all the settings on the osciloscope, and functrion generator. As well as the circuit configuration.

osc 2.jpg

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Notice that the extremely simple class-A "amplifier" has a voltage gain of only 10.
If you use a microphone then you must add a preamp with a voltage gain of about 20.

salmanshaheen_88

Joined Mar 5, 2009
ok one more question if you can see in the diagram the input signal and output signal are out of phase, what should i do to make the phase of both the signals same???

Attachments

salmanshaheen_88

Joined Mar 5, 2009
hey guru I have to show the waveform first to my professor and then my job will be to implement this circuit on bread board and I will have to use mic as input signal and speaker as output, so tell me how many ohms speaker I should select and which type of mic???