AT89C51 BASED VISITOR COUNTER

SSMNITHMR

Joined Feb 22, 2009
I WANT TO DESIGN A TWO WAY VISITOR COUNTER FOR A ROOM OF CAPACITY 100.CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME THE CODE /PROGRAM FOR THE SAME.I 'M IN URGENT NEED OF THE SAME.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The microprocessor can't count people without external hardware. Until you have a design for the device or devices to actually respond to people entering and exiting the room, it is not possible to make up code. The microprocessor has to be able to use the inputs from the sensors to count people.

Without that external hardware design, the software has to wait.

SSMNITHMR

Joined Feb 22, 2009
i use an ir sensor and a pair of phototransistor at the receiving end to indicate the passage of persons in and out.this is used as a stimulator to the microcontroller to count up or down or stay as such.when the count goes to 100 ,a buzzer will sound an alarm.does this make somewhat clear?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
So you declare a variable as integer, increment it with poeple entering, and decrement as people leave. Compare the variable to the value 100d, and set off the alarm when the variable is equal to 100d.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Do you really suppose thate there is some altruistic soul just waiting to satisfy your every requirement? You're supposed to show some industry.