Assistance requested - TV LCD Power Board Soldering

pootio

Joined Jul 11, 2014
Good morning folks,

I'm new here, and also fairly new at soldering in general, and you can tell me to **** off if you like.

I just purchased a 37" Panasonic Viera TC-37LZ800 for $30 that wouldn't turn on, no sign of power. So automatically, power board, right?

I took it apart and checked out the inside, I didn't notice any destroyed capacitors or the such, and I replaced the fuse on the board also, but no dice.

I took the power board out and flipped it over, and noticed a lot of degradation on the soldering, and am curious if this would be the culprit, and what would be the easiest way to fix it.

Would a complete clean and re-solder of the bad points be the best solution, or would cleaning the oxidization (if it's even possible) be a viable solution?

I have included some pictures as well.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
best way is to get the circuit of this tv, and check the psu voltages, as for soldering yes go over the bad joints with fresh solder.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
best way is to get the circuit of this tv, and check the psu voltages, as for soldering yes go over the bad joints with fresh solder.
The first thing I noticed on the photo was eyelets - they're a total PITA!

RoHS solder looks crappy to start with - easily disguises minute cracks around eyelets.