Assembly language........

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

i want to learn assemly language for this i am using Oshon 8085 stimulator i have readied it help file but don't get the answer as how to start basic program in it adding address in it......,etc

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
Do you have a PC? Then go for 8086 assembler instead. Or do some micro-controller work in assembler. Much better than working with 8085
I suggested him Atmel's 8051/52/53,but I think his school/collage may want him to go with 8085.

i have readied it help file
I dont think so,I think you have read the help topic on the help menu of the application.Its not much help on how to program 8085 rather it show how to use the application,do this click on the start menu then find "8085 Simulator IDE" then you will find "Getting Started" this html file gives much help on how to program 8085 on Oshon Simulator IDE.

Now here I am adding another program for you just unzip it and load the *.obj or *.hex file to simulator to simulate.Its a very basic program it adds two integer and store the result in accmulator register "A"

Good Luck;)

Attachments

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Is there any needs for telling where to start saving data, as we do so in 8085 training kits. & how to calculate machine cycle & time cycle??

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I think perhaps the OP is talking about using the ORG statement then writing the Assembler code. And to RRITESH KAKKAR. Can you please tell us why you are doing this. And what you want to get out it. It does not matter if your English is not the best. Some words are better than none. You want us to share but you refuse to tell us anything. How can we help if you give us very few or none details. We (the forum) are not your teacher so we will not grade you in any way. Thank you for understanding

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Which data you are talking about? I have no idea....

As in training kit we write starting add. to save data as in our training kit..

press 1 then select assembler mode then give memory add. to save the whole program above 2000H.

& if i want to how many machine cycle are there how to know as in my course book the program is given below it the m/c cyle 7 time cyle are given.!!

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
As in training kit we write starting add. to save data as in our training kit..

press 1 then select assembler mode then give memory add. to save the whole program above 2000H
Not sure as I dont know much about your training kit,may be its using some kind of boot loader.

& if i want to how many machine cycle are there how to know as in my course book the program is given below it the m/c cyle 7 time cyle are given.!!
Its hard to say much on your course book.

Good luck

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
A 8085 is not some micro-controller unit. It has no memory at all of any kind. In the days then I was working with such systems. We used external ROM and RAM circuits. In the development phase we often used EPROM circuits. And I guess EPROM circuits will be your choise. In order to program an EPROM. You need a EPROM programmer of some sort. And a device to erase the EPROMs.

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
You could make your own development board but for that you will need to know many thing and as per your all post I think it will a bit hard for you to do that at very first time (then also you could do it) so it will be great if you can get a "8085 training kit".

Good luck

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
so it will be great if you can get a "8085 training kit.

What the use of Training kit, as it is used only for writing small program for practicals in lab, can we use it for making projects as shown in above video??

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi,

I found this program in my course book but i am facing problem how to write this in 8085 Oshon, here it is...

8 BIT ADD.

2000H DATA
2001H DATA
2002H RESULT

2003H LXI H,2000
2006H MOV A,M
2007H INX H
2008H ADD M
2009H INX H
200AH MOV M,A
200BH HLT

debjit625

Joined Apr 17, 2010
What the use of Training kit, as it is used only for writing small program for practicals in lab, can we use it for making projects as shown in above video??
That depends on the Training kit,their are many (I am not sure for these days,as its very old).

I found this program in my course book but i am facing problem how to write this in 8085 Oshon, here it is...

8 BIT ADD.

2000H DATA
2001H DATA
2002H RESULT

2003H LXI H,2000
2006H MOV A,M
2007H INX H
2008H ADD M
2009H INX H
200AH MOV M,A
200BH HLT

I think you should able to write this program their is nothing hard about it, it just add two 8 bit data.Anyway here you go...

Rich (BB code):
;jump at the main program
 JMP 2003H

.ORG 2000H
DATA_1 .DB 03H ;2000H location to store data initialized to 3
DATA_2 .DB 06H ;2001H location to store data initialized to 6
RESULT .DB 00H ;2003H location to store data initialized to 0
;The jump instruction takes the execution here.
.ORG 2003H 

;Here we load the memory address "2000H" i.e. DATA1 to reg pair HL
 LXI H,2000H 
;Now we move the value "03" pointed by the address in HL pair 
;i.e. data at 2000H in accumulator register
 MOV A,M
;Increment by 1 the address in HL pair i.e 2000H + 1 = 2001H
 INX H
;Add the data pointed by the address in HL pair with the data in accumulator register
 ADD M
;Increment by 1 the address in HL pair i.e 2001H + 1 = 2002H
 INX H
;Move the data from the accumulator register to the address pointed by the HL pair i.e at 2002H 
 MOV M,A
;Halt the program
 HLT
Good Luck

Attachments

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Go back, way back, when the 8085 was actually useful.

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/kyocera/service.pdf

This document describes the device as used in probably it's most successfull application. Read over the Theory of operation to see how the device must be supported by external integration for it to become of any real use.

Is it your intent to work with hardware, or are you just simulating?
Now THAT IS a blast from the past!

What FOND memories I have of the trs80