assembly language programming

lamiajoyee

Joined Jul 12, 2010
here is my problem:
register R5 is used to point the top of the stack.write sequence instruction to pop the top two items off the stack, add them and push the result onto the stack. also copy the fifth item from the top into register R3 and remove the top ten items from the stack. i have to use index, auto increment and auto decrement modes

scythe

Joined Mar 23, 2009
Hey lamiajoyee-- the implementation of this assembly program also depends on what architecture you're using, and what assembly instructions are available. Some computing systems have more complex assembly instructions than others-- ones that can do many steps with a single command. These are usually CISC (complex instruction set computer; it has a lot of assembly "commands"). Whereas with RISC (reduced instruction set computer) only has a few different assembly commands, and to do anything very involved takes many lines of code.

For us to help you out, we'd have to know what assembly commands you have available (or what architecture you're using) and like BMorse says, we'd like to see what you have so far! :)

Harrington

Joined Dec 19, 2009
I think the forum should ask for algorithms as well

I see not one person asking for help here produces a flow chart or an algorithm Its a Fat zero for assignments if they don't produce algorithms or flow charts or at the very minimum some type of English coding more or less like visual basic coding to illustrate that they have at least written or attempted to solve this problem themselves !!

Not difficult to see why they do ask /insist on this now because coding can be copied from the net or from forums such as this with an emphasis on "Brilliant may understand the code itself but wont actually understand why they are doing this "

They are quite strong about this now and they do just that award Zero marks.. Failure if code is not accompanied by algorithms flow charts Doesn't matter if the get the code wrong but they want to see algorithms to see what they understand about the questions

Interesting point this

Otherwise they might as well just cheat to get their exam results which doesn't do anyone any favors at all least of all Industry Not Hard to see why bank systems crash, stock markets collapse and companies loose data , defense systems get hacked , loopholes in software because no white box testing etc