Ask questions instead of give answers

terrytapp

Joined Mar 30, 2006
Here is a switch. You guys are always answering questions and giving solutions to problems. (which are well appreciated btw)
But how about giving the questions.
I have to come up with at least 20 challenging questions to turn in for grading. :confused:
The questions have to be based on wiring.
One of the questions I am using is;

In XLR cables what does the XLR stand for? :eek:

LAME! :rolleyes: I can do better then that. But I am just drawing blanks here.
I need to also provide answers to these questions, but this is optional
for you guys. I just need some good ideas for the questions. :p
Thanks guys.
Terry

terrytapp

Joined Mar 30, 2006
Are you looking for something like:

In the 25-pin RS-232 connector, what pins are TX, RX, and Ground assigned to?

hgmjr
That's a start! Thanks!
Terry

Oh and btw I am a student in a Broadcast Television Engineering Technology program. Triax, BNC, XLR, would be great starting questions, but any kind of wiring question is fine. I have most of the questions, but looking for other ideas, some of mine are just lame.:rolleyes: ;)

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Your transmitter power is 20KW. Your tower is 450' tall. Your transmit frequency is 107.3 MHz. How many radiators do you need, and what is their placement to make your ERP 36 KW?

terrytapp

Joined Mar 30, 2006
Hi,

Your transmitter power is 20KW. Your tower is 450' tall. Your transmit frequency is 107.3 MHz. How many radiators do you need, and what is their placement to make your ERP 36 KW?
LOL, I don't even know the answer to that question.
So, if you have an answer I will use it. LOL
Terry ;)

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
According to the NEC, Type CMP cable cannot be substitued where Type CMR is required. Can Type CMR be substitued where Type CMP is required?

What is the voltage loss in a 100 meter lenght of #18 cable supplying a 160kohm load from a 24VDC supply?

What do the letters P, A, N, and I stand for on the main ground bussbar of a telecommunications installation?

The above are the kinds of questions I sometimes get asked at work.