Are there opportunities on this Forum

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I would say yes ,but you will not see traces of it.
Your post tell a lot about you If you are a guest only
you will never get that private message that could
change your life. Can you tell by post If someone
interest you in project, yes. It may have happened
before we have no way to know.There is no doubt
that there is very intelligent minds on this Electronics
forum.The communications is at a low level compared
to knowledge.If you are good at electronics and some
one with math ability get the nod you will never know it.
This is a you have to be askes society. Which I believe
exists.So when a member quits posting there may be
good reasons for him.But you can't always have or get
what you want,It may be government or location. Some
wisdom is happy to stay put,but this a ask not society.
Great communicators are made not born,keep up the
good work you could be next.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Guest must be highly employed picking off the valuable
answers that is posted protecting the I P's they use I
could be totally wrong.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Sure there are! Ask nicely and they'll put ya to work!

Truth, this place is/was a god send. I can ask all my stupid questions, sound smart, stay sane while doing a job that pays the bills but doesn't exercise much mentally. I've always liked electricity and electronics, I can catch up on what I missed on the side. And I get to bore everyone with my budding writing skills. What more could a techie nerd ask for! Besides a girl friend that is.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Every so often, (in the past month) Ive seen people ask questions for projects at their place of employment. Im sure a ton of people are smoothing out their "life-changing" inventions with the knowledge and guidance gained on this forum.

The one thread that kept me coming back, was the thread about a ten year old girl needing help with her USA LED project. You have very bright people on this forum willing to break down electronics to its most-comprehend-able. That can be a very boring thing to do. How many times has Bill_Marsden answered the same 555 and led-chaser questions? Or Sgt. Wookie explain Ohms Law? QUIET A FEW. But when it came to that little girl and her mom, they answered the questions like it was the first time they were asked. And held their hands and explained everything. Twice.

People see that kind of stuff and they know they can get good information here.

The people who are trying to get answers whilst dodging the questions that would really help them, while trying to hide I P, can become a loop of pain.

Inventors have a "speed-to-market" problem. Many know nothing of electronics, but want there prototype designed for free without divulging what it does.

I don't have the urge to steal someones design. I know the marketing that is required to take an idea off, and I have no interest in doing so.

"I need to build something with a microchip. It will turn a motor on and off. What do I have to do to do this?"

-- "What size motor, ect."

"Just a motor, the kind that spin, you know! How is that done?"

-- "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Go to community,there a list of bill's albumns.Check it out,you need a
kit with motor and parts to play around with. Go to bill he likes to help.
Take cheap reverseable battery drill or a used one you have your curcuit with all the parts
just keep going over it until you have it down pat. There may be a chip in the drill curcuit.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I have found some great reverseing motor sites,take a electric
car window motor you could make a buck if you get good at that.
Look how many people you see at the drive thru with window
disorders,just for starters.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
loosewire,
I was tying to expand on your point of people being vague on what they wanted in order to hide the fact they are building something for work, or for an invention without giving too many details. Details that would help them get an answer to their problems.

The guests that log in for one or two posts trying to get the members here to build their devices without saying what the device does.

Guest must be highly employed picking off the valuable
answers that is posted protecting the I P's they use I
could be totally wrong.
These people want the members to do their job for them without their bosses knowing they needed outside help.

radiohead

Joined May 28, 2009
I can't tell you how many times I let the smoke out of components when I was starting out with electronics in 1982. Those were frustrating days. I've learned alot from the Army being a field radio repairer, then buying electronics text books at used book stores (couldn't afford college at the time). This forum has helped me grow technically and I've added numerous pages to my notebooks with the formulas the extensive knowledge of the members here. I even put my two cents in here and there when I felt I could be of some use. I have to agree that the members here are some of the most patient people I have ever seen, to explain a circuit in great detail, and nobody has ever called anyone stupid (that I know of). My hat's off to the members of this forum and especially to its creator.

Metalfan1185

Joined Sep 12, 2008
I love the help i get from this forum from all the electronics veterans that reside here. I see the help they give to others and myself (the 555, ohms law, ect) and I really do appreciate all of you. I wish I knew where you all lived at so i could send you all a Drink in the mail...you know?

"Thanks for the help, here...have a Drink on me!..."