Are components pdf-catalogs free?

slavar1

Joined Aug 19, 2009
Hi guys,

I am new here and I would like to start participate sharing with you
a very useful pdf-databook catalogs of different components
of National Semiconductor, Motorola, Fairchild and some others.
They are especially good when you have no access to the web and urgently need the data.

They are exellent quality brand made pdfs, not just home made scans.
The sizes are about 5-30 megs each. Each have 500-1500 pages.

But I am not sure if this OK to share them. Maybe they are not allowed to
be spread for free ...

So, please tell me and if this is not against the forum's rule I
will be glad to provide the links in apropriate section of the forum.

Thanks in advance (and sorry for my English). :)

slavar1

Joined Aug 19, 2009
I was not able to find any specific copyright prohibitions.

Just regular "Copyright(c) and year" for one of them or "All right reserved" for others.

rspuzio

Joined Jan 19, 2009
> I was not able to find any specific copyright prohibitions.
>
> "All right reserved"

Well, that is as specific a copyright prohibition as there is. It
means that the copyright owner has not allowed anyone else
any rights, including the right to post the document online.
To share the catalogs legally, you would need to obtain the
express written permission of the copyright owner, which is
not very likely.

peranders

Joined May 21, 2007
Question: Are these pdf's avaible from the owner? In case of yes, why are you offering this service?

I have scanned some old datasheets from books but this is a different thing since the are hard to find elsewhere. This was only done as a service from people who needed those datasheets

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
Many manufacturers are doing a dis-service to people trying to locate information for "older" chips by removing the data sheets and reference material from their website all together.

If you have our older product, please go to hell.

I recently bought a GPS board made by Motorola and it is a fairly common one circa 1998 where there are thousands of info links from Google linking back to the Motorola website. Guess what, all the data sheets and reference material are gone.

If it were not for some kind guys who posted the datasheets on their own websites I would have no way to work on the board.

My hat off to those manufacturers trying hard gradually posting back old data sheets onto their website.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Would global be the reason for data disappearing. Conventions for just about anything are
by Invitatiion only, heavy security. We are allowed to buy the toys to play with at home.
The C.E.O.s take home the money and control the global economy. What will be left for recovery
when they can afford to give you a new replacement Instead of parts to repair It,even to
there own service department. I have seen t.v. washer /dryers replaced that needed a
simple part.

Last edited:

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
If we shall take the copyright law in a literal sense. Posting any data sheet as document in this forum is not legal. The only legal action is linking to a site maintained by copyright owner, or a site approved by copyright owner

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
If we shall take the copyright law in a literal sense. Posting any data sheet as document in this forum is not legal. The only legal action is linking to a site maintained by copyright owner, or a site approved by copyright owner
I can't recall a single instance in which a complete datasheet was posted here. It may have happened, but usually a link is given or an excerpt is copied and printed with accurate attribution. That falls under the fair use exception and is allowed.

John

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Some component catalogs you can order and they'll send them to you in the mail. Just like Digi-Key, Allied Electronics, and Mouser Electronics. Go to their websites and they should have a "Catalog" icon that you can click on. I've received several of their catalogs.