Joined Dec 30, 2008
Dear fellow engineers,

Kindly give me the applications for the following:

1) RC coupled Amplifier

2) Direct Coupled Amplifier

3) Emitter Follower

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
An RC coupled amplifier can be used to amplify AC signals, like an audio amplifier.

A direct coupled amplifier can be used to amplify DC and AC signals, amplify the signal out of a thermocouple for example.

An emitter follower can be used to amplify current but not voltage, can be used as a buffer to drive a low impedance load form a high output impedance source.

These are a few applications, there are lots more.

gaurav200x

Joined Dec 30, 2008
An RC coupled amplifier can be used to amplify AC signals, like an audio amplifier.

A direct coupled amplifier can be used to amplify DC and AC signals, amplify the signal out of a thermocouple for example.

An emitter follower can be used to amplify current but not voltage, can be used as a buffer to drive a low impedance load form a high output impedance source.

These are a few applications, there are lots more.
Thanks a lot. Can I have a few more applications for each? We need to write at least 5 applications for each in the exam.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I think your teacher gave you notes where you can read this. They won't ask something in the exam if they don't teach you.

gaurav200x

Joined Dec 30, 2008
I think your teacher gave you notes where you can read this. They won't ask something in the exam if they don't teach you.
Well if I had the requisite notes, I wouldn't be asking the same on this forum, would I ? The teacher didn't know it completely and asked me to find the same from the internet. So could you please give me some more applications.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
RC coupled:

AC signals amplifier
Audio amplifier
Filters

Direct coupled:

DC and AC signals amplifier
Filters
Clampers (maybe)
Oscillators

Emitter follower:

Buffers for digital designs and interfaces
Current amplifier for analog applications
Output push-pull pair for audio amplifiers

I can't think something else right now. I hate these stupid questions which ask about general things. The answer can be anything you can think.

gaurav200x

Joined Dec 30, 2008
Thanks a lot.

I hate these stupid questions which ask about general things. The answer can be anything you can think.
I am sorry if my question has bothered you, but what maybe be stupid for a person who knows the answer may not be stupid for the one, who doesn't !

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I didn't mean it is stupid because I know it (and I don't know it I just told you some possible applications). I meant it is stupid because it asks general things and you can answer anything comes in your mind and if the teacher doesn't know one of the answers he will say it is false.