Apple their so funnny!

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I find it hard to grasp the size of Google corporation and its projects. What kind of business mind must you have to run this empire?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Its all about marketing first, and playing fast and loose with the rulez. Googles been in as much trouble as Apple and MS. Seems like one trend is to be first, have more money then the other guy, and have no ethics at all.

For instance Twitter is a perfect example of new age dot com. The came from no where, to in one month their op MNF, CNN, all the celeb's are using it. It just exploded from nothing to facebook in months.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Georacer,If you are ever able to be in command of things,you will know the feeling

and never forget it. It don't have to be on the google level ,you can be on top of the game

in many ways. Like looking the legal system in the face,and being in charge,doing

things your way,within the law ....above the law. Difficult to explain...but possible.

You dictate the conditions to be a good samaritan,because of your position.

You have power now,but no money,you need both.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You will know it when you feel it,until then...just keep on Moderating.

Being a nice will reward you,being a smart nice guy will reward you more.

Being nice guy under the gun,will make you money and a good samaritan.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Georacer,you could become olive King,make your own brand of olive oil.

Pure Greek Olive oil ,instead of exporting all your good olives to other countries.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
My father works for someone who owns a cheese company, but close enough.

On a related note, we do have olive trees and we do produce olive oil for our own consumption and which we do not export.

I have trimmed the trees, cut the weeds and gathered the olives with my own hands.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Regardless of the nutritional value, it's a major part of our died. Very few recipes don't include it and it also goes with almost every salad.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
My father works for someone who owns a cheese company, but close enough.

On a related note, we do have olive trees and we do produce olive oil for our own consumption and which we do not export.

I have trimmed the trees, cut the weeds and gathered the olives with my own hands.
There was a huge interview with a guy on NPR(National Public Radio, Our BBC but smaller and non commercial) today about this very topic. He said while olive oil is known for greece, that theres almost no greek olive oil for sale and you have to get it at specialty stores. He thought there was a tremendous asset being overlooked in greece. He seemed to think that your olive industry hasn't even tapped the western market and it could be a ton of money for your countries agriculture. It was quite fasciating and he was really smart. I'll try to find a transcript or mp3 of the interview.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Well, the thing is, that would take a huge marketing campaign towards the west. How easily do you believe you would change your culinary habits. Because for an olive oil export to make sense, I think that we need to talk big.

It would also mean that you must incorporate it into your diet through new recipes, since you don't already use oil of another type.
One large scale use might be for frying, but even if it's healthier, it doesn't necessarily make for a more crunchy french fry.

And finally, if it's going to be exported en masse, it would need to be quality certified. There are a couple of big companies in Greece with a large volume of product each year, but most of the thousands of small farmers (including us) who own only some acres of trees don't have any sort of quality control.
Let alone to mark it as PDO. That would be a whoooole new deal.

In any case, that's not something each separate farmer can decide. This needs a governmental scale plan, and government can't plan for other, more important things so far.

Have you ever tasted olive oil?

Last edited: