anyone planning to create some cheap harware?

ilnar

Joined May 8, 2012
hardware, i wanted to say hardware but missed the "d" :) is there someone who wants to create he's own small project and sell to earn some money? if yes, lets talk. a SD card reader or something. (my notebook for example doesn't supports SDHC :) ) or usb to ethernet device or something... usb to usb network card... i know it was developed two years ago but..

Last edited:

ilnar

Joined May 8, 2012
what an aggressive response... im a poor man so i don't have money :) i offer 50% of job done. nearly finished circuit in verilog for SD card interface protocol. the timing controller for touch lcd screen is done and working 100% (except the touch sensing part), all the code is easily transformable from verilog to c++ for use in microcontrollers. planning to design a PCB for all that when all the rest will be done. i do not need any help i just want to split the job in 2 and divide the income equally.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I don't really understand what you are asking or proposing. You might start with a clear description of what you have and what you want to do. From that we can see what needs to be done. Splitting the income sounds nice, but that usually requires splitting the costs first. Do you have an estimate of the costs? Do you have an estimate of the potential revenue? What is your marketing plan?

Frankly I don't see any income potential in what you have described thus far.

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I don't really understand what you are asking or proposing. You might start with a clear description of what you have and what you want to do. From that we can see what needs to be done. Splitting the income sounds nice, but that usually requires splitting the costs first. Do you have an estimate of the costs? Do you have an estimate of the potential revenue? What is your marketing plan?

Frankly I don't see any income potential in what you have described thus far.

And maybe watch a few episodes of "Shark Tank".;)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I've founded a company and been involved in more than a few startups so I just might be a little harder nosed than most members. If this stuff was easy everybody would be doing it -- oh wait everybody and their dog is doing it from Dubai to Mumbai to Shanghai -- goodbye.

ilnar

Joined May 8, 2012
Papabravo you are horribly heartbroken with this. so i understand your point of view.life is tough and we don't have time to mess around.you are right it is hard and many attempts are fated to fail.
my post does not aims to change point of view of people who are extremely sceptical with starting new future.or to fight your opinions. you are you, and you are free to think the way you think.
i believe this post will serve to get attention of people who are a bit optimistic towards this. that is all.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I'm not complaining for myself, I'm a big kid and I've been to a few rodeos. I'm trying to point out that your thoughts and aspirations are amorphous and ill defined. I still have no clear idea what is is you want to do. You have some pieces of hardware and/or software, you could do it all yourself, but you think it might be fun and/or profitable to bring another developer in. That may be true, but in order to attract the kind of person you want you need to express yourself with crystal clarity which so far is lacking. I encourage you to try again with a cogent, literate, and well thought out post.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...you need to express yourself with crystal clarity...
The clarity I'm missing is, what market need are you wanting to satisfy, who (and how many) are the intended customers, and what are their other options (who are the competitors)?

A casual reading of your posts sounds like you want to make something that already exists in the market and can be bought for pennies from China on e-bay. Sorry if that's a harsh assessment, but I think that's what many of the watchers here are thinking.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
but I think that's what many of the watchers here are thinking.
Yes. Clearly he should work on improving his communication skills before he tries to save the world with a product that already exists.

The MOST important aspect of attempting to sell a product in a saturated market is to be able to communicate to your customer the benefits that your "widget" provides.

Here were are 3 days after your initial post and we have no clue what your widget even is.

Good luck.. Don't quit your day job.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I don't want to add more harsh words to the thread but that market segment in particular (little SD card widgets) is about the most cut-throat, low price, least profitable market segment with massive Chinese manufacturers etc regularly churning out similar things in 100k-1M quantity, which they sell for maybe 20 or 30 cents profit each device. :(