anyone heard of an a49215?

chrysphrase

Joined Sep 6, 2013
I've pulled apart a wind up head torch, as the switch wont turn it on. Shorting the battery to the diodes lights it up. So the switch has got to provide signal to a resin embedded ic to handle fancy functions like 'flashing' etc. The IC has a49215 on its own mini pcb. Any ideas what this is cause if its knackered I'll want to whip it out and just put in a latched switch to convert the circuit to on or off! The battery is a NiMH so im not sure if the IC mediates charging of the battery instead! Hmmmmm!

Cheers,

Chrysphrase.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I've pulled apart a wind up head torch, as the switch wont turn it on. Shorting the battery to the diodes lights it up. So the switch has got to provide signal to a resin embedded ic to handle fancy functions like 'flashing' etc. The IC has a49215 on its own mini pcb. Any ideas what this is cause if its knackered I'll want to whip it out and just put in a latched switch to convert the circuit to on or off! The battery is a NiMH so im not sure if the IC mediates charging of the battery instead! Hmmmmm!

Cheers,

Chrysphrase.
They sell battery head lamp units in the local Poundland store - that's right; 1GBP each.

Even a stingy miser like me just buys a new one!

Bur if you *REALLY* have too much time on your hands, you could carefully file out the section of pcb with the "blob" chip on it and graft it into your wind up unit.

chrysphrase

Joined Sep 6, 2013
Thanks! Err Poundlands are miles from where I live so add the cost off fuel and stuff and its no longer 1GBP.

If I wanted to throw money at it..... but I dont, partly its the challenge of repairing and partly cause I like to tinker! I like to understand too.

So back to my question - any thoughts?

Thanks for your time,

Chrysphrase

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Thanks! Err Poundlands are miles from where I live so add the cost off fuel and stuff and its no longer 1GBP.

If I wanted to throw money at it..... but I dont, partly its the challenge of repairing and partly cause I like to tinker! I like to understand too.

So back to my question - any thoughts?

Thanks for your time,

Chrysphrase
Does it contain a supercapacitor? - they're good for all kinds of mischief.

chrysphrase

Joined Sep 6, 2013
err no the battery pack looks like 3 chunky pellet type batteries encased in shrink wrap with a NiMH sticker affixed. Sorry! But tell me more about mis-chief! I like mis-chief!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
err no the battery pack looks like 3 chunky pellet type batteries encased in shrink wrap with a NiMH sticker affixed. Sorry! But tell me more about mis-chief! I like mis-chief!
Start with a blocking oscillator and lots of turns on the secondary - oh!, hang on.. that's not allowed on this forum.