Anyone had any problems out of Electronics Goldmine?

Evil Lurker

Joined Aug 25, 2011
I placed an order with them a week ago and they are just sitting on it. :mad:

Admittedly I have not contacted them... I've heard some horror stories about how they have some really bad customer service to the point where if you call them they will cancel your order because you aggervated them.

Anyone else have any problems out of them?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I've placed a few orders with them and haven't had any problems.

It might be that they ran out of something that you ordered. If you still know what all you ordered, you might check and see if they still have stock on everything.

Evil Lurker

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Ok, so they got my order shipped out yesterday... after I called them to remind them that I am still alive and would like to recieve my order sometime, preferably sooner than next month.

So, my package is being delivered by USPS (hey they got something right!!!) and I'm very curious to know exactly what I am getting for my money. I figure it will be a bunch of crap, but if it is, no big loss its mainly a test order anyways.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, if you don't know what to do with something, it might appear to just be crap!

You didn't say what you ordered.

Some people on here have ordered some kind of jumbo suprise box from them a few times and have been amazed at all the stuff they got.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
I've ordered from them many times, with no complaints. Usually get my stuff in about a week. Some times the Mystery boxes have some good and useful stuff, sometimes mostly junk you'll never use. Sort of fun to sort through, like hunting for treasure.

If you are familiar with the items, and their usual price, you can catch some pretty good deals when they go on sale.

I never expect instant delivery, or pay for it either. A week or two, isn't going to kill me, but start getting a little concern if I haven't heard anything past that.

Evil Lurker

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Ok just a quick update... got my junk in two days after I called them.

Here is what $4 worth of LEDs look like:

~$15 worth of capacitors:

I think it should be noted that the caps were all NOS, and some really really old stock and/or oddball values, but on the upside they were all except for two were from japanese manufacturers.

Overall I am pleased with my order and will be ordering from them again soon. My only gripe is the week delay to get my order out the door. I personally think anything more than three business days is excessive for any company.