anyone can program pic16f54 plz help

l2adiant

Joined Apr 16, 2013
i need just small programming in pic16f54 micro controlor
when i give voltage to pic16f54
it should wait 10 to 30 sec (adjustable)
then ON/OFF a relay 4 times (ON/OFF time should be adjustable)
after 4 time ON/OF it should be stay off
thats it

simple like a flasher circuit

can anybody help me???

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It should be a good first start for you.
Do you have a Method and tool to program the chip?

Why this old chip? Something newer is not needed, I am not sure this old chip is compatible with the programmers currently available.

On what part of our big blue marble do you live?

l2adiant

Joined Apr 16, 2013
I am from Pakistan, im trying to make my own circuit that will start a gasoline generator

so im trying to to that pic because its easily available in market here
btw what are the latest PIC IC that u prefer to use????

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
so im trying to to that pic because its easily available in market here
btw what are the latest PIC IC that u prefer to use????
The chip is fine with the simple job you intended. It has 512 words of flash, no analog comparator, no ADC and only one timer. So there is no CMCON to set , and it's quite straight forward to use. There is no internal oscillator so you can use either crystal or RC osc..

How do you intend to make the startup-delay adjustable? And how to make the output pulse width adjustable? As the stack is only 2 levels deep, you cannot nest the subroutine more than 2 levels. Have to watch out on this. Did you have the circuit drawn out? What kind of help you want to get from the members here?

Allen

l2adiant

Joined Apr 16, 2013
The chip is fine with the simple job you intended. It has 512 words of flash, no analog comparator, no ADC and only one timer. So there is no CMCON to set , and it's quite straight forward to use. There is no internal oscillator so you can use either crystal or RC osc..

How do you intend to make the startup-delay adjustable? And how to make the output pulse width adjustable? As the stack is only 2 levels deep, you cannot nest the subroutine more than 2 levels. Have to watch out on this. Did you have the circuit drawn out? What kind of help you want to get from the members here?

Allen
actually i dont have much knowledge, i will just write into pic and make circuit as u will let me know :)
so cau design whole circuit?