anyone can help me?

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What a dumb title for a post!

I can think of about a dozen types of variable capacitors, and hundreds of footprints. You need to be way more specific.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
"Anyone can help me", "help me" and "please anyone help me" are the titles of all of this member's threads. S/he needs to learn how to become more original even if there is a language barrier.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Do you have a footprint available for typical resistor?

There, that's the footprint for the variable capacitor I just chose.

Go to Google. Type in variable capacitor footprint. Click the link with the pretty pictures.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
if stringsearch(thread_title,"help"|"anyone") button.submit_thread.enable=FALSE;
Not that easy.

A thread titled, "Need help understanding common-mode gain" is not at all unreasonable. Neither is, "Can anyone tell me where my attempt to match impedances is going astray?"

There are certainly better titles that don't use "help" or "anyone", but the point is that perfectly reasonable titles can and do use these and other red-flag words.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Not that easy.

A thread titled, "Need help understanding common-mode gain" is not at all unreasonable. Neither is, "Can anyone tell me where my attempt to match impedances is going astray?"

There are certainly better titles that don't use "help" or "anyone", but the point is that perfectly reasonable titles can and do use these and other red-flag words.
Yes correct but it would be possible to disable posting when certain titles are entered.

And if the word help is present, what is gained?

Wouldn't "Common mode gain" be sufficient?

Most forum posts here are somehow having the purpose of obtaining help.

Or at least a pop-up with a Captcha:

If everyone is using "Need urgent help" as thread title, it becomes impossible to understand about the threads from the title. We don't want to restrict or censor your posting but please try to write the thread title differently, or alternatively, enter the Captcha now.

Also "anyone", it implies otherwise there would be a limitation who is allowed to reply or even to read. It is not really neccessary for a thread title, even if it is perfectly valid in spoken language.

I'd really like to see a pop-up if certain words are used, including "urgent", "anyone", "help".

And also "Guys" as first word or "thank you", "Regards" as last word.

Either everyone is using greeting formula or Thank-you signature or no one. It is not correct to use on a forum post (the first thread post done by OP).

Same here, not disabling it, but ask for a Captcha and remind to check the wording.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I searched but I found nothing
This thread has lost its momentum because you have not posted any information on how this component look like. Before you do that you are only wasting your time. Why not take a picture of it and some measurements with a slide caliper. If you do not have the datasheet. But the datasheet would of course be the best

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I searched but I found nothing
You are looking for ANY capacitor footprint.

You did what I suggested, which is type in "variable capacitor footprint" in Google and select the Google Images link -- the one with the pictures. And you found nothing. I see about a dozen footprints on the first page alone.

Perhaps it is time to consider a less challenging career choice.

Or, perhaps it is time to make a more specific post of just what you are trying to achieve.

Take your pick.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You are looking for ANY capacitor footprint.

You did what I suggested, which is type in "variable capacitor footprint" in Google and select the Google Images link -- the one with the pictures. And you found nothing. I see about a dozen footprints on the first page alone.

Perhaps it is time to consider a less challenging career choice.

Or, perhaps it is time to make a more specific post of just what you are trying to achieve.

Take your pick.
If I can do it, anyone can……Here