Any PCB makers here?

c.marsh

Joined May 16, 2009
I need a PCB making up, there really isn't alot to it:

1 8 pin dip
pin 1 unused
pin 2 - 2 resistors come off (to led x2)
pin 3 - 2 resisitors come off (to led x2)
pin 4 gnd
pin 5 2 resistors come off (to led x2)
pin 6 2 resistors come off (to led 2x)
pin 7 unused
pin 8 Vcc

I need a small board, as small as possible

basically each of the 4 used pins drives 2 leds and each led needs its own resistor, the led points and resistor points would need through hole solder pads as would the 8 pin dip.

i would design the board but if i understand it the traces need to be X amount thickness.

it only needs to be single sided.

Just wondering if anyones able to build a board for me and what it would cost?

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Don't forget a 100nF capacitor between pins 4 and 8 of the PIC (I assume).
I'd suggest making a drawing with at least the location of the LEDs.
Your location would be useful.
Trace thickness isn't going to be much of an issue at these currents.

Last edited:

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
If I can suggest, just get a vectorboard or however they call it like this: http://masc2279.no-ip.org/Plone/bes...s/resolveuid/c64e1a300fdeba965715244cb9c5f056 and use pieces of wire or rest of the cut leads to make connections, for somethig as easy as that you don´t really need anything more and the chip fits exactly the holes. Cut it first into rectangles of the required size.
Of course if you plan to make it as a kit and sell it, then it is a different story and you will need the pcb made.

c.marsh

Joined May 16, 2009
i'd like to get a pcb made up,

I'd done what you suggest kubeek, theres a video of it running on my other thread about programming the tiny85.

i will make up some vaige form of layout in eagle later on and post up, essentially its just to get a "profesionally looking" prototype

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
I can make it for you if you want, can the resistors be standing upright or do you want them standardly flat? How about smd resistors?

c.marsh

Joined May 16, 2009
smd resistors are fine, but not smaller than 0805 please, i've been trying to solder 0603 smd led's onto wire ends and FIDDLY!!!! otherwise upright or standard flat, makes little difference to me lol.