Any one have a pickit they would be willing to give up?

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I bought a cheap china programmer but doesnt work with the chips it says it supports at all. Cant afford something new and cool.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I am also using the clone pickit2 as here. So far it never gave me any problem yet. And I think there was a limited period of warranty.

Allen

stanman11

Joined Nov 23, 2010
I bought the k150 programmer. Cant seem to figure out how to do in circuit programming.
If any one has some extra pic's, I'd be more then willing to take those off your hands.

Art

Joined Sep 10, 2007
They are likely PicKit II. Microchip gave the schematics and code away.
You could try making your own except you need a pic programmer! :D
I don't know what the difference could be unless they actually made
some mistake on the PCB, it's driven by a pic, and should have an on board I2C EEPROM.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
The yellow perils are PICKIT2 clones but with features removed, some have fixed 5V for the Vdd of the PIC (but can be switched to application powered). They don't have the EEPROM - I think Microchip put it there for some future upgrade that never happened.
They also don't have the AUX pin.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The yellow perils are PICKIT2 clones but with features removed, some have fixed 5V for the Vdd of the PIC (but can be switched to application powered). They don't have the EEPROM - I think Microchip put it there for some future upgrade that never happened.
They also don't have the AUX pin.
The EEPROM is used for the programmer to go option. In PICKIT 2 and 3. You can download code. And then use the PICKIT as an off-line ICSP unit. Most often you will not need this. And the EEPROM is not used

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Yes but the thing is, not the chip im using. And its the only one I have.
If it works in the ZIF socket, but not in the circuit, there's something wrong with your circuit or with the wiring from the programmer to your circuit. What PIC are you trying to program?

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
So, if you only have one PIC and you know it's not supported by your programmer in the ZIF socket, how have you determined that the ZIF socket works, and how do you know that your wiring to the circuit is correct, and how do you know that the 10F200 is not defective?

Just trying to connect the dots.

Mickster

Joined Jan 10, 2010
If the 10F200 is in an 8-DIP package, you need to be aware that the pin designations do not follow that of the 12F family, such as 12F629 675 etc. which are likely catered for with the programmer.

What you will need to do, is refer to both datasheets for the 10F200 and 12F675 and, using stripboard (or something similar) make up an adapter board to swap the pin designations to suit.