Any magician in the art of searching the web ?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Hi fellows.
I have a gadget, have its instruction manual, works, want to buy another, but cannot find anything about it in the www . Of course I do not remember where in the web I bought it o_O ! Like 4 years ago.

Is a transducer, brand is Omni Sound, Model OM-168, made in Taiwan. Nothing else shown with the product. :oops:

1698972817564.jpeg

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hola Miguel

Not sure if this is your case.

I recall searching for an obscure IC that "I couldn't find"; I was scrolling every time the first two or three pages offered by Google.

Somebody found it simply by scrolling down to de 8th page! Go figure.

Maybe changing the terms used?

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Thanks, Agustín... Well, perhaps I should start using google again. The search within quotes "----" did not show anything; and is supposed to spit the result at top of first page.

1699020803493.png

1699021377346.png

Last edited:

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Chinglish...

What was the name of that multi-search engine that went belly-up about 10 years ago ? Dog something ?
OJOSE is not working any more at least for me :( Neither SCIRUS

1699022839002.png

Last edited:

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Maybe changing the terms used?
That may not even help.

Entire swathes of the internet are no longer being indexed by search engines. Google for example provides more than 90% of search results but, since most of that is to a large extent tailored for each individual user for marketing purposes (the so-called "filter bubble"), the vast majority of content on the web is simply not accessible. All the remaining providers are for the most part in actuality just "search aggregators" which draw much (if not all) of their results from companies such as Google and Bing.

It only seems to be getting worse too. On-the-fly AI content generation will soon flood the internet to the point where finding any useful search results whatsoever will likely become more or less a futile endeavor. At which point you'd be better off pouring over microfiche reels at the library than waste your time searching the internet!

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
This is not unusual at all, in fact it happens all the time, and over much shorter time frames.

Some guy gets a "World-beater" idea and thinks he's going to make a quick Million and then retire,
but then the idea fizzles-out and disappears.

It may have already been out of production when You bought it ~4-years ago.

Always by parts from a reputable vendor, that are made by a reputable manufacturer,
and then buy 2, or 10 or 100 depending on the type of part.
You'll usually get a substantial discount for larger quantities.

For a device like this, go to Parts-Express.

Last edited: