Any experience with Orientalmotor (or other) stepper controllers?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I know it's a long shot, but I thought I would check with you guys. I posted this (quote below) on the orientalmotor forum, but that place is a West Texas ghost town. I saw a tumbleweed. This controller package came from smi4motion.com, and their tech support is nonexistent as well. No replies to my email, waited on hold for a good while, left a voicemail and a message with the receptionist - no comms!
I'm using a CRK controller, first time. My application is a simple speed control linear actuator in 2 directions, no position control. I have 2 limit switch inputs, 2 directional inputs, and I need a 6-position selector to select between 6 preset speeds. I can whittle the 6 speed speed presets down to 3 inputs if I'm clever with diodes, but even still, I will need all 6 universal inputs. I was hoping to be able to program this in a single routine, using just a few lines of IF/THEN statements, but according to the manual, the routine (0-63) corresponds to the binary input of all 6 universal inputs. So do I need to write 64 separate unique routines to handle every possible combination of inputs? If not, can someone please tell me how to do this.
Maybe experience with other brands of stepper controllers would prove useful here; I've never used a commercial stepper controller of any brand. Is it common practice to set up the inputs and programming this way? I'm a little confused about the whole thing, because while it says that the routine number corresponds to the binary input, the program examples contain IF/THEN statements that reference the universal inputs, for example:
Rich (BB code):
Sequence:  63  "ScratchPad"
  TA 5; TD 0.1; VS 100; VR 2000
  LOOP 
  IF (IN1=1)
  MCP
  WHILE (IN1=1); WEND
  SSTOP
  ENDIF
  IF (IN2=1)
  MCN
  WHILE (IN2=1); WEND
  SSTOP
  MEND
  ENDIF
  ENDL

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
.. for testing mechanical systems but ultimately used controllers that take a clock and direction. A micro generated the clock pulses at varying rates for acceleration/decel etc.

Did the live chat here work?

Can you configure the inputs to only have one active at a time and use seq. number 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc?

Don't know how much help I'd be but if you can post a link to or PM the manual with software ref. I'd be happy to see how much I can remember about it. I think I understand the sample programs well enough..