answer me please

engahmad89

Joined Jan 31, 2011
does the IR work affected incase of use it in sunny place?
does deffere from using it in shadow places?
how can i do the calculations of it in those cases?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Yes, ambient light will affect IR operation. You can get around this by sending a series of pulses at a fixed frequency, and on the receiving end look for that frequency. The receiver looks at the difference between the two levels rather than the absolute level.

Please use more meaningful subject lines in your posts, such as "IR reception in sunlight vs shadow question"

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
IR LEDs have a low Vf; usually somewhere around 1.2v.

You are not being specific enough. Without knowing what all of the variables are, we cannot come up with any formulas for you.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
If sunlight is shining directly on your IR receiver then it will be saturated and will not detect pulses of IR that you send to it.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
This device detects the position of the cam and wire above it.

It works in direct sunlight, mostly on Summer days. The detector, which points directly up and is located approximately at the short piece of blue tape works fine. The plastic cover is just some smoke-colored acrylic I had. It has worked well for the past 5 years.

John

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
If this is for a reflectance sensor, (not data transmission), the most common method is for the IR to transmit at 20kHz+, then use a high pass or band pass filter on the receiver so any continual or slow changing light (sunlight, flourescent lamps) is filtered out.