another sa612 question

silky

Joined Apr 10, 2013
High all, new user here.
I was planning to mix the attached 15 mHz WWV trace (turn up your volume),
to a LO I made (10mHz) by feeding the LO, 200-300 mv p-p through a cap to pin 6 as the data sheet says i can, the question being is this rf signal large and clean enough to give me a 5 mHz IF? It looks like it's around 200 mv p-p
also. I will never understand impedence matching, so don't even try.
Thanks
Silky

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
High all, new user here.
I was planning to mix the attached 15 mHz WWV trace (turn up your volume),
to a LO I made (10mHz) by feeding the LO, 200-300 mv p-p through a cap to pin 6 as the data sheet says i can, the question being is this rf signal large and clean enough to give me a 5 mHz IF? It looks like it's around 200 mv p-p
also. I will never understand impedence matching, so don't even try.
Thanks
Silky
Since the mixer is double balanced if I remember correctly the output of the mixer will have two signals. 1 the sum of the LO and the Input, and 2 the difference of input signal and the LO. So you will need a tuned circuit or a filter of some sort at the difference frequency.

silky

Joined Apr 10, 2013
k7elp60, thanks for the response. Yes I am hoping to send the output through
a 5mHz xstal ladder. Will the output from the 612 be around 100-200 mv as well? Will I need an amplifier or a follower before or after the follower? At any rate I will soon try
it sans and see what happens. tnx agn 73

k7elp60

Joined Nov 4, 2008
k7elp60, thanks for the response. Yes I am hoping to send the output through
a 5mHz xstal ladder. Will the output from the 612 be around 100-200 mv as well? Will I need an amplifier or a follower before or after the follower? At any rate I will soon try
it sans and see what happens. tnx agn 73
I am not sure what your output level will be. You might want to study the data sheet as the mixer has quite a bit of gain.