Animations for Electronics Enlightenment

darenw5

Joined Feb 2, 2008
I'm thinking of making some animations to illustrate basic principles of electronics, electromagnetics, and the workings of circuits at all levels of sophistication. I may or may not have time to actually do any. Before i start, i'd like to take a quick survey on what concepts, laws of physics, and circuits people here at A.A.C. would be most interested in seeing animated? What ideas have never been clear to you from textbooks and online tutorials? What do you suppose would be just plain fun to watch?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi darenw5, and welcome to All About Curcuits!

Your project sounds an interesting endeavour, I hope you find the time to put it into practice. My experience of my time here at AAC tells me that visualisations have the most impact for concepts rooted in the electromagnetic world. Students firstly struggle with some of the illogical concepts of electromagnetics, and secondly this is compounded by a lack of visualisation of the mechanisms at work.

What sorts of things could you do? Coulombs Law, Gausses Law, the construction of electric-polarisation in dielectrics, forces on current loops, practical illustrations of the Biot-Savart Law, Ampere's Law, Faraday's Law, Lenz's Law, self and mutual inductance, the list goes on. If these principles could be illustrated with ability to play around with variables in the underlying equations you would have a very useful learning tool.

Good luck.

Dave