And what type of connectors are these?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Not sure how I want to do this project. I am thinking that I will get some of these. Any idea what they are?

upload_2016-1-9_23-21-53.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Are these connectors you already have or ones you are thinking of duplicating?
If so check out the TE CPC connectivity connectors.
Max.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Are these connectors you already have or ones you are thinking of duplicating?
If so check out the TE CPC connectivity connectors.
Max.

Yeah. What I want to do is add one of those Arduino / CNC shield controllers. Most people hack the old controller, remove it from the case and replace it with the Arduino. I would like to keep everything intact and just add my own box.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Are those connectors typically found on CNC machines?
Only mini/hobby CNC. I think the current carrying demands of commercial CNC would be too much for those hollow & split pins. And... Why weren't you watching the steelers game?

Last edited:

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I actually need these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-4-Pin-Rad...724092?hash=item2ed9de5c3c:g:ZWUAAOSw6BtVVKsA

The cables from the machines will plug into them.

Now I need to figure out a more elegant way to interface to the shield. They did not put too much thought into laying out the connectors on the shield.

But the good new is I have the CNC working under Windows XP. Haven't milled any boards yet. just got it to move.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I actually need these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-4-Pin-Rad...724092?hash=item2ed9de5c3c:g:ZWUAAOSw6BtVVKsA

The cables from the machines will plug into them.

Now I need to figure out a more elegant way to interface to the shield. They did not put too much thought into laying out the connectors on the shield.

But the good new is I have the CNC working under Windows XP. Haven't milled any boards yet. just got it to move.
Nice. I didn't realize you pulled the trigger on that. I'll be over tomorrow afternoon to get my boards done.