+ and - 5v power supply

kelun1

Joined Mar 25, 2012
Hi guys!

I need help on the following issues.

I'm trying to build a dual 5v power supply for one of my application in my hardware. and below are the list of the item i have in my hand:

LM7805
LM7905
9v DC battery as input power for my regulator

Im able to get the 5v regulated power out from 7805 with the negative end of the power supply as ground. but i cant seems to get 7905 to work properly. and i know that both output should have a common ground. can anyone teach me how should i build this?

Thanks a million for reading this guys! and the help too! =)

Kelun

kelun1

Joined Mar 25, 2012

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi, t06afre,

really thanks for the reply!

I have done some research too! and got some clue on what u have shown me. So with this set up above i can just replace the center tap transformer as shown in the picture below am i right say that?
from http://powersupplycircuit.net/dual-power-supply.html
Remove the center tap transformer and the rectifier (B1) of course. And hook up your batteries. You do know that a 9 volt battery will not have much energy and wear out quite fast in a setting like this. But to only demonstrate something it should be OK. Just be sure to have fresh batteries then you demonstrate it for your tutor ;)

kelun1

Joined Mar 25, 2012
Remove the center tap transformer and the rectifier (B1) of course. And hook up your batteries. You do know that a 9 volt battery will not have much energy and wear out quite fast in a setting like this. But to only demonstrate something it should be OK. Just be sure to have fresh batteries then you demonstrate it for your tutor ;)

oh! thanks for highlighting about the rectifier! almost forgotten about it. so i will just remove that 2 and connect straight to the mentioned circuit.

at first i was so worried that i can't get this out or something and worried that i will fail my final year project. really thanks alot man! u light up my days =)

Kelun

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
One thing. Read the both the datasheet regarding recommendations for the caps used in the setup. And do not forget to mention this in your report.