AN RC delay Circuit

Hafiz

Joined Aug 26, 2008
Hi , i need to build an RC delay circuit with the specs given below.
An input signal with 10KHz and 15 V.
at the ouput side i need 3 different ouputs having exactly the same signal but output 2 need to be delayed 60 % with respect to output 1 and outpt 3, 60% delayed with respect to ouput 2 while output 1 is the image of input signal.
Thnx
A diagram is attached to show what actually i am looking for .

Attachments

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Are you assigned to use RC delays or can you use other methods? Is the input square wave or sine wave?

For example:
1) Output 3 is just an inverter function.
2) If input is sine wave, you can use a peak detector to obtain output 2 (See: http://www.national.com/an/AN/AN-87.pdf, page5)
3) If you must use RC functions, then I suggest you look into an RC delay into a comparator, which will then snap between states to give the delayed square wave you need. Almost any reference on comparators will show how to do that.

John

Hafiz

Joined Aug 26, 2008
Hi Jhon
Thnk you very much for your reply.I can use anyother methods too but i was of the view , a delay can be easily intoduced by adding a RC component to the circuit.Input is a square wave.
ALso input three is slightly simmilar to the inverted version of input but not exactly the same because if output 2 is 60% delayed to oupt delayed would be 120% delayed as compared to the input.....
I am going to have a look on RC delays in comparators.
This circuit is basicaly going to simulate three RPT (rotantion poistional transducers) signal of a motor thats y i need them to be very precise .i.e the delay should be almost the exact.
thnx
Hafiz