An issue with the forum

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Today khazem PM me and told me before he did PM me, and I might have some setting wrong but I was getting some PM's regularly. I think there is a bug some where. :confused:
Now loosewire's subscription list is empty.. he is asking me why. :)
When ever I answer to a post, I am automatically subscribed to that thread. :confused:
Shouldn't that happen to others.
Or is there different setting for different ppl.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This may not have anything to do with your problem, but every person has a personal setup they can adjust to suite themselves, such as subscribe to thread you post in.

I tried an experiment where I don't show when I'm on (privacy setting). I don't mind helping people, but over 5 requests a day is a bit much. Now the requests are from people who've seen my work and are willing to wait until I get online, instead of asking just because I'm online.

Almost everything you could want is in the user control panel. The problem is finding it.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
may be loosewire is having a hard time finding it. But why is his subscription list empty.
I told him to PM the admin.
I also did not do any thing to subscribe but when ever I reply that thread will be in my list.
What about the PM. I think two members had said to me that they PM me but I did not find any, I'm mostly checking PM and subscribed threads.
Like you said, I also cannot get involved in all the threads, that is why I limit checking new posts.
If another member is helping any one I was replying then I tend to just read the post, this gives me time to check other threads.
As you can see I am mainly involve in repair, this is where I am pretty good at. As these type of threads goes unsolved most of the time, I think I can help better in that area, I will leave the theory part to the professors. Mostly.

But this will not solve what loosewire is fighting with. I like to help him, but I really am lost when it comes to forum setting walk through's. I think he is same as me when comes to these things.

So PM is OK then.
Thanks

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
One more problem I have noticed is this.
The spell checker is rather out dated, even component names are getting underlined.
I think the forum dictionary needs a makeover

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is an electronics only term, part of a specialized vocabulary. I added it to my dictionary a long time ago. Try datasheet.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Drinking is Only allowed in resorts.
Where locals live a big no no.
But in guest house and in rooms you have to get a permit.
Riding and smoking will get you fined.
Riding on cell phone will get your license suspended
Partial nudity will get you deported in local areas.
But in resorts you can run around butt naked. :D (this part I like most when ever I am in a resort)