Amplifying ELF

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Hi,

while researching the subject of tubes amps, i met someone who is an avid collector of vacuum tubes amps.

As i was looking at all the amps he said that the most important "device" in his room was a little grey box on top of a small bookcase, called "the revive".

So basically it's an ELF pulse generator set at 7.83hz (see inside)

Which is supposed to do is modifying the soundspace for more musicality and to amplify the listener experience, etc... (this is what i grasped off all the things he said concerning this device)

The thing is that the little box is quite expensive (more than 500$)

I found pictures and a few schematics (like this one) but any input would be appreciated as i would like to amplify the signal

A guy made is own homemade box, but without a pcb coil:

Inside

From what i've read this concern square waves (but research also indicate sine waves)

I have also few function generators who could also generate the frequency but i have no idea about the amplifiers for such low frequencies.

Thanks in advance!

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Thanks, I needed a good laugh. :D

Tube amps since the sixties often had a "tremelo" oscillator, as a crude sound effect. That subtly varied the volume of the sound by a low frequency.

Your schematic for the device here;

Looks like complete nonsense. All it does is apply a very low current to the coil at the desired frequency, which will make an incredibly tiny magnetic field very close to the coil.

Sorry but that won't have any effect on the sound at all, that a sane person can hear.

And as for the insane people? Well they might just pay $500 for it. ;)

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
That's good for you, i guess.

Your schematic for the device here;
Not mine, i just looked here when searching for informations on the revive.

a few links:

http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/rr77/rr77_01.html

http://www.diy-audio-guide.com/schumann-resonator.html

http://christopherbradshaw.net/The_Project_Bin/Schumann Frequency Oscillator with Scalar Coil.html

http://jeffsplace.me/wordpress/?p=3178

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2656447/

Sorry but that won't have any effect on the sound at all, that a sane person can hear.
People are not supposed to "hear" it, i'll soon meet him again and two of his friends who are sound operators/engineers who were highly skepticals at first on this subject.

Today an austrian friend told me he was not surprised at all, having worked at an hospital he told me that the same type of generators have been in use in maternity ward in Japan (apparently), as well as tested in the US, Germany, France on stress and ptsd (mainly).

Musical research seems more recent it seems (from what i've found)

While i've not experienced this device myself i'm open minded enough to research the subject, so i can make my own opinion after building one.

i remember two modules that might be of interest:

Now i would like to amplify the output to the pcb or coil, so if anyone has an idea i'll really appreciate any informations.

Thanks.

KabulDubai

Joined Jul 19, 2014
Je pensons que si,nous toucher le ELF lors il sera augment le voix autours vous et tous le monde et cette pourquoi je peux suggest que je sera ne jamais faveur a utiliser francais amplifier ARSA voix boosters juste pour le fame du francois langue mais en terms du electroniques quand nous utilser une stereo et le sounds sont augmente lors quand il toucher le FRENCH ARSA dehors votre maison lors il rebouncer et cree problemes.
Merci.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
"modifying the soundspace for more musicality and to amplify the listener experience", "People are not supposed to "hear" it", "most important "device" ... little grey box .... called "the revive".

Gee I'd pay $500 for all that alone besides having a neat little grey box with electronics inside on top of my bookcase (was there any information on what type of bookcase works best with this DOOHICKEY?). It looks like just what I've been looking for to revive me.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello

@KabulDubai,
This is an english only forum.
If you want to respond to the forum use the english language.

Bertus

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
All it does is apply a very low current to the coil at the desired frequency, which will make an incredibly tiny magnetic field very close to the coil.
couldn't have typed it better myself

And as for the insane people? Well they might just pay $500 for it. ;)
would have left that bit out, social etiquette.... :)

quoting Schumann reference wikipedia -

Schumann resonances are the principal background in the electromagnetic spectrumhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances#cite_note-MacGorman-1 beginning at 3 Hz and extend to 60 Hz,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances#cite_note-2 and appear as distinct peaks at extremely low frequencies (ELF) around 7.83 (fundamental),http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances#cite_note-314.3, 20.8, 27.3 and 33.8 Hz
so depending on where on this planet you happen to reside, your box would need to be tuned to the specific area to cancel out 'harmonics'

i have read a lot regarding planetary harmonics and firmly believe this would be firm contender to all the free energy devices available on the internet.

aside from being tuned to your local part of planet, i don't understand why you would need to amplify the signal.

the output of the 555 (pin 3) could be fed into a normal amplifier. had a quick look at the circuit, the signal could be modified to near sine wave if not there already.

KabulDubai

Joined Jul 19, 2014
In fact,amplifying ELF depends upon the french language ARSA around the people who speak french,like a round big around their homes which is sent from France to obtain work from people who have a degree or are knowledgeable in electronics engineering as reported by your country's educational institutions like mine was Urdu University in (Gulshan-i-Iqbal area)karachi,pakistan in 2004-05 but my venue was different.
In fact,systems engineering and requirements engineering best solves all these problems when dealing with any amplifications/impedence/using DOLBY Sounds or CHROME for which AKAI Co,Ltd best helps you in Japan.

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
If I understand this correctly. You want to add and amplify a constant 7.83hz squarewave or sinewave with the whatever you are listening to? As in not amplifying the frequency from the sound itself.

Ps. Wouldn't the squarewave just become annoying clicks 15.6 times per second? I would ask that man again and get a better explanation.

Last edited:

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
While i appreciate interest in this thread, would it be possible to keep personal opinions without having tested such device nor having felt or not the effects to oneself.

I just want to know if anyone knows how to amplify frequencies below 10hz.

Gee I'd pay $500 for all that alone besides having a neat little grey box with electronics inside on top of my bookcase (was there any information on what type of bookcase works best with this DOOHICKEY?). It looks like just what I've been looking for to revive me.
If you already have a definite opinion on the matter, good for you.

My friend explained more about it but most of it concerned health treatment (interesting nonetheless), especially acute anxiety in postpartum depression.

I guess this affect behaviour pattern, which if i follow this article is correct:

"Schumann's resonance forms a natural feedback loop with the human mind/body.

This pulse acts as a "driver" of our brains and can also potentially carry information.

Functional processes' may be altered and new patterns of behavior Facilitated through the brain's web of inhibitory and excitatory feedback networks.

Functional processes' may be altered and new patterns of behavior Facilitated through the brain's web of inhibitory and excitatory feedback networks."

Studies have been done on isolating subjects from this particular frequency or following harmonic and this resulted in increasingly confused behaviour including acute to severe anxiety.

As this is not a neuroscientific themed forum, i prefer to keep this strictly about the circuit and the amplifier. Once again i have not tested this device, but have encountered someone who does.

If I understand this correctly. You want to add and amplify a constant 7.83hz squarewave or sinewave with the whatever you are listening to? As in not amplifying the frequency from the sound itself.
No. what i want to do is simply generate a frequency and amplify it (the output is connected to either a coil or a pcb antenna.

Simple as that.

Ps. Wouldn't the squarewave just become annoying clicks 15.6 times per second? I would ask that man again and get a better explanation.
From all i have read there is no mention of this frequency of following harmonics being audible, they are either "broadcasted and/or transmitted" to a coil, antenna etc... while the subject was monitored.

I'll ask the owner of the revive more about it when i meet his friends.

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
In post #1 the 'little grey box' is sitting on another box also bearing the label 'Acoustic revive'. Is there EM coupling between the pcb coil shown and some other coil (not shown) in that other box? What is the function of the other box?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Studies have been done on isolating subjects to this particular frequency or following harmonic and this resulted in increasingly confused behaviour including acute to severe anxiety.
So why would anyone want to own one of these things? Having read that I think 'revive' is a mis-nomer :).

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
In post #1 the 'little grey box' is sitting on another box also bearing the label 'Acoustic revive'. Is there EM coupling between the pcb coil shown and some other coil (not shown) in that other box? What is the function of the other box?
No. the other box is a demagnetizer who was probably chosen for size comparison.

So why would anyone want to own one of these things? Having read that I think 'revive' is a mis-nomer
A mistake on my part, it is the isolation "from" it:

"Studies have been done on isolating subjects from this particular frequency or following harmonic and this resulted in increasingly confused behaviour including acute to severe anxiety."

(now corrected in the original post)

The "revive" name was chosen as people says they re-experience, their music.

Last edited:

Sinus23

Joined Sep 7, 2013
From all i have read there is no mention of this frequency of following harmonics being audible, they are either "broadcasted and/or transmitted" to a coil, antenna etc... while the subject was monitored.
Sorry my bad I somehow thought you were adding it as a soundwave through the speakers. As being audible. If it is a square wave and is loud enough Im sure you could hear the speaker while it jumped back and forth at this rate.

anyway carry on.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I found the details on the two modules:

http://www.icstation.com/product_info.php?products_id=2224

http://www.electrodragon.com/product/ne555-pulse-signal-generator-driving-stepper-servo/

For the sine wave i have a few function generators, but i guess one of those "kit generators" will do.

Still need an amp to work below 10hz.
Run your device into a powered subwoofer. Read the specs and make sure it will go down to 10 Hz. Just remember that 6hz is sub-sonic if it is a sine wave. If it is a square wave, you will hear powerful thumping as the speaker slams from inner limit to outer limit - a thump or click (depending on the size of the speakers, internal damping on the speakers and capacitive coupling of the speakers. On the other hand, if the voice coils have enough inductance, the square input wave will be rounded a bit and thumping will be abated slightly.

I appreciate your effort to keep dollars flowing in the economy.

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Once again while i certainly appreciate the attention concerning the subject, nothing will be heard the output is connected to the antenna/coil.

I hope this does make it finally clear.

Just need to amplify the output.

If anyone has a schematic, i'll really appreciate it.

I'm designing the pcb antenna (for the lack of a better word), and will do the same for the coil later.

johnsy

Joined Jul 3, 2014
Hello bertus,

Hello,
Not to discourage you
Not at all, while it is good to read on other theories, opinions, etc... i prefer to experience things myself.

in this case assembling the circuit, testing the output, waveforms and from there i'll see if there is any effects at all on me.

I also happen to know someone with absolute pitch, so it should rather be interesting if a recordingis is actually "experienced differently" (be it actually "heard" or if the listener is in some way involved emotionally in a specific manner)

I'll be testing six different coils of various shapes and sizes (pcb's and magnet wires).

This project is far from being time consuming nor is it costly (far less than 10$) and
my question concerning this project is simple which is:

"Amplifying the output of the modules i have shown in this thread."

That is all.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

To what level do you expect signal to be amplified?
In the 555 schematics the coil is driven with a resistor in series.
This resistor will reduce the current in the coil.
Depending on the type of 555 the current may be upto 200 mA.
(the cmos type can not deliver that current).

Bertus