Amplify output from an IC H-bridge like the L293D

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by hspalm, Aug 10, 2010.

  1. hspalm

    Thread Starter Senior Member

    Feb 17, 2010
    I think I have read in a datasheet on an H-bridge integrated circuit that you can easily extend the output current rating by adding power transistor to your circuit. I do not remember which IC it was, nor do I remember if an example of how to do it was given... Am I just dreaming, or is this possible? The only way I could think of would be to have the outputs triggering another H-bridge power transistor circuit, but then I might as well just make the whole H-bridge without the IC in the first place?