Amplifier class C

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Hi,
I'm studing amplifiers and i cant get the idea how the C class works:

if i have an input signal with a frecuency of 10khz, the negative clamper only pass small pulses of current to the amplifier, if this pulses have a different frecuency compared to the input signal, how is that the tank circuit filter "knows" what to filter?, if all the time only the pulses exists in the collector with diferent frecuency?
how is that the final output voltage is an amplified replica of the input signal?

i understand the working of a resonant circuit and how calculate its fundamental frecuency, but in this case i dont uderstand how it works

any idea? maybe a link with a good tutorial explaining the inner workings of this kind of circuits? i made a lot of google search but the results almost all the time are for more advanced technicians.

please consider i'm a newbie to electronics and i'm studing from a book

please excuse my poor english and thanks for any help

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Terrakota,

Have you plotted the tank circuit response? I believe if you have done that, you will have a better understanding on what frequencies are passed and what are not.

I'm searching for my old lecture notes on Resonant/Anti-Resonant Circuits and notch filters.

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by JoeJester@Jan 29 2006, 01:09 PM
Terrakota,

Have you plotted the tank circuit response? I believe if you have done that, you will have a better understanding on what frequencies are passed and what are not.

I'm searching for my old lecture notes on Resonant/Anti-Resonant Circuits and notch filters.
[post=13632]Quoted post[/post]​
thanks for the links hqmjr
and joe will do that

thanks for your help