Alternative component for CET CEP83A3 722BZ

redsone

Joined Jul 24, 2014
Hello Members!
This is my first post on this forum. I am new to electronics & learning on my own, So kindly excuse my ignorance.
I am repairing my UPS circuit board & got stucked with the following component which is not available in my city. Kindly help me in suggesting an alternative component for "CET CEP83A3 722BZ" to be used in circuit board of UPS. I am also attaching pics of the part with circuit board to get my issue understand better.
Advance thanks to "All about circuits community" :)

Attachments

redsone

Joined Jul 24, 2014
Hello Members!
Forgot to mention this is "MOSFET CET CEP83A3 722BZ". The same part is not available with any stockist at my place. Kindly suggest me similiar or alternative MOSFET part which performs same task on the UPS circuit board. Kindly let me know for any more information on my repairing project.
Advance thanks to " All about circuits community" :)

redsone

Joined Jul 24, 2014
Hello @bertus,
Thanks for sharing CEP83A3/CEB83A3 datasheet. As i told you above, i am rookie in electronics. I have ZERO knowledge about datasheets , so i am not able to get datasheet. Actually, i am repairing UPS circuit board on my own with some knowledge of electronics. With help of "All about circuits community", i want gain knowledge about electronics & will share vice verca in future. So kindly excuse my ignorance & assist me in getting similiar or alternative MOSFET part.
Secondly, the part you have mentioned on Ebay "CEP83A3 Original New CET Transistor " is not the exact part i am looking for. Only its first 7 prefix digits are same. Will that ebay MOSFET replaces original "MOSFET CET CEP83A3 722BZ" without creating any issues.
Kindly assist me.
Thanks!!

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
It's most likely the extra codes you have read of the chip are manufacturing dates etc though the datasheet does not explain the format.

redsone

Joined Jul 24, 2014
pwdixon!
Thanks for your reply. So it means "722BZ" represents manufacturing dates,batch no.etc.According to datasheet, it is showing two type of MOSFETs
1) CEP
2) CEB
But mine MOSFET part is of CET type which is not mentioned in datasheet. Regarding shape wise CET & CEP looks same. Is it advisable to use "CEP CEP83A3 MOSFET" type on my circuit board. Secondly, is it recommended to use "CEP83A3 Original New CET Transistor" selling on Ebay on my circuit board http://www.ebay.com/itm/CEP83A3-Original-New-CET-Transistor-/121156503055
Need suggestions from experienced members like you.

pwdixon

Joined Oct 11, 2012
The datasheet shows both as different mounting types (images at top of first page) so do get the same one as came off the board.