Altering existing LED array HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSRT

Joined Apr 23, 2013
Ok so here is my question.. A group of us all have the newer Dodge Chargers with the LED light array tail lights and we are interested in making the turn signals and break lights of these tail lights sequential. None of us are really great when it comes to circuit board engineering.. and by not great I mean 0 experience.

Snooping around on the internet has given me hope that this may be possible with some type of timed resistor that can be placed between the actual light array and the power harness.

To better explain what I mean to try to accomplish I will provide some photos:

Taillight:

if you mirror this image to match the photo above This is kind of what we are looking to do:

When the breaks are pressed maybe have the lights cycle once or twice and then stay lit. When the turn signal is on just keep cycling until the signal is off..

if it is not possible with a "Plug and Play" type fabricated device.. we would still be interested in trying this with altering the existing LED array ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thank you :)

DarkSRT

Joined Apr 23, 2013
Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
and legality is not your answer. The Terms of Service for this website are: Automotive modifications are not allowed here. The moderators will be along in a bit and guide you to an automotive site.

DarkSRT

Joined Apr 23, 2013
LOL I apologize... and stand corrected, I am already on several charger and dodge forums.. we need electronic guys; mainly ones who deal with LED arrays for some feed back and help

Joined Nov 30, 2010
You are welcome to read this site...look in Chat...Ohms Law for noobies. There is a great link in the last part on how to do LEDs, sequencers, flashers, but we can't discuss them.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus