All About Wendy

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Well, it was my B-day 2 days ago, and things they are a-changing. I set up a soldering setup that I can manage with one hand. It is late for me so I will continue this tomorrow.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So I tried this iron,

Soldering Gun.jpg

and put it back into the garage permanently. The tip could not be tinned. So I broke out a trusty old Weller instead. And soldered wires to two 4" speakers I found in the garage. I also mounted them in two cardboard boxes I made:

Speakers.jpg

I'll solder them to the leads of a 1 MΩ resistor for my breadboard projects.

I find everything takes much longer than it should, but if I try I can do more than I thought I could, especially now that I have access to all my shtuff. For example it took me all of 4 days to make this post.

Speakers make good mics too.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Now on to the jar of cherries, I am looking forward to fruit cake season. I definately have a sweet tooth. I just have to say no to myself more often.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I voted today, got the sticker.

Who did I vote for? Nonya (Hint: What color am I wearing?

.....................................................I Voted 201103b.png

I have recovered most if not all of my test equipment and parts. Expect to see more threads from me in the future.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Staying busy. Working on several projects. Made a friend a Roku reset for her Xmas gift. The solder job was ugly, ugly, ugly. I'll figure out how to solder with one hand yet. Basically a momentary NC switch, Roku's are an internet device. The do not lock up often, but they do occasionally they do become squirrely.

<sigh> So many toys, so little money.

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So I had to flee my house last Tuesday when the power went out at 9:30AM and didn't come back till lord knows when (at 5:00 PM my roommate says it was still out). It was 9°F (-13°C) and the house was cooling fast. It could have been fatal if I had stayed. But I have several really good friends who turned it into an inconvenience instead. As is one of the pipes in the garage burst. Thanks to a really aggressive savings program that also was relegated to inconvenience status. I was able to afford an emergency plumber who fixed it until my home owners insurance will reimburse me. All in all this was about $1K in damage.

I have had my first Covid vaccination and will get my second early next month. Meanwhile I am saving for a 3D printer of my very own. my trips to Maker Space are going to be less frequent until this Covid mess dies down for a bit., maybe April.

More good news is I am building circuits again. I will start a thread for working protoboard circuits I will label Wendy's cookbook. I will use my Moderator privileges and lock it to keep trash off of it. If someone wants to post on it they will have to start there own thread and ask me to move it to this thread. I'm still mulling over the detail in my head. I will post rules in my thread when I create it.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
#12 Off-Topic 0
B Off-Topic 17
WBahn Off-Topic 16