All About Wendy

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
For me it was Chantix which ended a 50 year smoking period. I do miss the vivid dreams and that was my only side effect. :)
When I first hasd this stroke they gave my morphine. I finally stopped because of the vivid dreams.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
When I first hasd this stroke they gave my morphine. I finally stopped because of the vivid dreams.
My wife took me to the ER one Sunday with a major ear infection. They started an IV and I had the sweetest woman doctor. They did a scan which revealed not just a major infection but it had already spread to the bone. I was hurting and she said to give me a morphine push. They did and I still was hurting so she ordered another morphine push. That second one was sweet relief. I could see how morphine could become a new best friend.

Ron

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Then...

How can you be sure she was really the sweetest woman vs the morphine making you perceive her as the sweetest woman?
Easy to answer. I liked her before she gave me a morphine push. :) She had a great disposition and as a doctor working an ER on a Sunday I could just feel she was concerned about the pain I was in. I have been fortunate in that every ER visit I have had, well only two, the staff I was afforded were really great people. They were great enough that I wrote letters to the hospital following my visits telling the administrators that.

Ron

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
One item of good news. The lady you has stepped up as a physical therapist has worked with me to figure out a method i can bring myself to the edge of the bed sitting up. If I ever figure out how to get in a wheelchair by myself this is a necessary skill. I involves no new movement, just using what I have more effectively. Add a TV tray I can eat sitting up...

Baby steps are the ticket.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Just keep hanging tight and working through the problems. Measure your success by looking back and looking at how far you have come to today. Overcoming the obstacles is what it's all about.

Ron

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Just keep hanging tight and working through the problems. Measure your success by looking back and looking at how far you have come to today. Overcoming the obstacles is what it's all about.

Ron
Sadly, so many of us leave and never to know what happened to them. So, I will give my info password to a trusted friend in the event of my Death. That way you'll know what happened, if I leave otherwise well you'll all know what happened. :p

I was just to offensive to keep around. :(

kv:)

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
Sadly, so many of us leave and never to know what happened to them. So, I will give my info password to a trusted friend in the event of my Death. That way you'll know what happened, if I leave otherwise well you'll all know what happened. :p

I was just to offensive to keep around. :(
Killivolt where's that coming from:confused:?

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Don't forget I love to draw concept circuits for beginners. I've been thinking of thr 3 basic transistor configurations.
I have got some IC, uC and development boards from some kind engineer here to do little advanced projects but I love transistor circuits still. Transistor's tricks are awesome designs. I became hobbyist from single trasistor based radio Rx, FM Tx, Flasher etc.

Please be optimistic and creative at least for beginners like us. You are a symbol of inspire. Have a good days.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
"I had a fall yesterday, I was trying something new and lost focus. i have learned how to sit upon the edge of my bed and support ,myself by myself so it made me adventurous. I am trying to figure out how to get into a wheelchair my myself. My ribs are bruised and I got an gash on my arm, but I will heal.. No big deal" Actually it was day before yesterday. I had posted this on Facebook(what! you don' follow FB!?!)I will figure it out eventually.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
"I had a fall yesterday, I was trying something new and lost focus. i have learned how to sit upon the edge of my bed and support ,myself by myself so it made me adventurous. I am trying to figure out how to get into a wheelchair my myself. My ribs are bruised and I got an gash on my arm, but I will heal.. No big deal" Actually it was day before yesterday. I had posted this on Facebook(what! you don' follow FB!?!)I will figure it out eventually.
I'd like to say "like" for the courage and progress but I don't want it to be confused for liking the fall.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Just remember, small steps. You are going to get where you want to go but take small steps. Like small bites to get a large meal down. Keep at it but don't press your luck.

Ron

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
It is very good that you are trying new things and that you have a positive realistic attitude about minor setbacks. I am sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope you to a better job of maintaining focus the next time you try this or something like this. I hope your injuries recover quickly.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Just remember, small steps. You are going to get where you want to go but take small steps. Like small bites to get a large meal down. Keep at it but don't press your luck.

Ron
If my luck was under me that day it is not only pressed but squashed.

It is odd having spent most of my life weighing in more than 270+ pounds at well under170 I still think of myself as fat. self image does take a while to change.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Been an interesting week, I have figured out a technique to stand my self at the sink by myself. No addition control of my paralyzed side, just a new method of doing it. I notice I have been feeling more alert lately. I have managed to beat off a depression I was going through a couple of days ago. I am laying here listening to
To Everyone a Merry Christmas and an even Better New years!

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Back at you Wendy and nice to read about your progress. I have been AWOL as we were out of town. I dragged along my laptop, and went to set things up and came the sudden realization that all three power supplies were home! Can't believe I did that. I had my phone and a tablet but thought about it I just kicked back and enjoyed family.

Just keep working at things. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither is the road to recovery. You are actually doing great.

Ron

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
#12 Off-Topic 0
B Off-Topic 17
WBahn Off-Topic 16