Agilent DSO waveform files

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
I'd like to get my hands on a few examples of data files saved by Agilent digital scopes. I'd prefer the format to be in CSV, text, or something close to these (i.e., not a binary representation used by the scope itself).

If any of you folks could post a few examples, I'd appreciate it. To keep down on file sizes, feel free to chop out most of the numbers -- I'm just interested in learning about the actual data structure of the Agilent files.

alank2

Joined Jul 14, 2009
Hi,

Some of Agilent's lower end scopes are actually Rigol scopes rebadged as Agilent. The 3000 series or something as I recall...

Good luck,

Alan

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
You may have to be more specific as to native format, if such exists. The forum discussion at the link indicates that any number of file formats may be selected - https://forums.tm.agilent.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=912
As I said, any textual data file format is fine. That apparently would be XY or CSV. But not an internal binary representation or a bitmap representation of the screen.

I have typical CSV data files for B&K and Tek scopes, and those are trivial formats to parse. I'm hoping the Agilent textual data file formats are equally easy to parse. I'm writing an application that will read data from scope files.