Agency Approval

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by TAKYMOUNIR, Jul 22, 2013.


    Thread Starter Active Member

    Jun 23, 2008
    in designing power supply the unit should meet thr requirements fo Agency approval ,is there is any one know how to be certificated and also how to learn these stuff
  2. GopherT

    AAC Fanatic!

    Nov 23, 2012
    Contact the agency. They have a long list of approvals and it depends if you are using an assembly of other agency approved parts or if you are asking for your part to be approved as a new design.

    Many different agencies (UL, TUV, CSA, ...) so I don't know exactly what you are looking for. Best to contact the agency for category, price and process.
    TAKYMOUNIR likes this.
  3. mcgyvr

    AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 15, 2009
    As a company/designer YOU decide where it will be sold, then you look up the applicable standards for that location and purchase those standards and design to those standards.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    TAKYMOUNIR likes this.
  4. THE_RB

    AAC Fanatic!

    Feb 11, 2008
    Or sell/licence the product to a wholesaler/distributor and let them worry about what countries they will sell too and how/if they will bother with compliance.

    If your wholesaler is in one of those countries with less regulations they may not need to worry about compliance at all. Like most of the stuff on ebay. Compliance certification is becoming a little old fashioned, a bit like patents. ;)
    TAKYMOUNIR likes this.